Communications and Development Coordinator
Freedom School Partners is a nonprofit organization with the mission to “promote the long-term success of children by preventing summer learning loss through igniting a passion for reading and inspiring a love of learning.”
The Freedom School Partners (FSP) Communications and Development Coordinator will lead marketing and communications efforts for FSP and provide administrative support for the development team. Primary responsibilities will consist of 60% marketing and communications, 30% development administrative support and 10% other duties and responsibilities as assigned. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
• Create FSP marketing and communications plan to include FSP social media strategy.
• Create and manage FSP communications calendar.
• Maintain FSP style guide and proof external publications prior to distribution.
• Create content and distribute electronic newsletters.
• Manage production of and periodic updates of, FSP marketing collateral, that includes, but not limited to, videos, brochures, impact pieces, pledge forms, event signage, annual reports, etc.
• Create strategy for media engagement and create press releases as appropriate.
• Maintain content on FSP website and create schedule to review and update as appropriate.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise communication interns and buzz ambassadors for summer communications support.
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer as it relates to fundraising activities, donor cultivation, donor stewardship and donor solicitation.
• Assist with planning and execution of development related events.
• Manage all online giving appeals so that they are consistent with FSP electronic communications, including but not limited to, the Spring online appeal, Giving Tuesday appeal and the end of year electronic appeal.
• Participate in professional development to stay knowledgeable of relevant trends in communications and marketing.
• Represent FSP at communications events as requested.
• Additional staff support, as needed, to benefit the organization and expand its’ mission.
Qualifications, knowledge and education:
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years combination of communication/marketing and/or development related experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including copywriting, editing and proofing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
• Experience with a Cloud-based platform, i.e SharePoint or OneDrive.
• Prior experience with The Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Professional demeanor and team player.
• Highly motivated and willing to support organizational needs beyond primary responsibilities.
• Commitment to CDF Freedom Schools®.
• Valid ID and reliable transportation.
• Satisfactory drug test and satisfactory background check for criminal and child protective findings.
Compensation, status and benefits:
• Competitive salary.
• Full-time (40 hours per week, position may include occasional evenings and weekends).
• 10 vacation days earned after 90 days of successful employment (prorated to start of calendar year), additional days earned after 2 years of employment.
• 8 paid holidays (defined annually) and 2 floating holidays.
• 10 sick or personal leaves days per calendar year.
• Individual health insurance coverage through the organization’s policy, premiums paid in full.
Send resume, cover letter and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications and Development Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.