Clean Air Carolina is a statewide nonprofit organization working for clean air and solutions to climate change since 2003. With offices in Charlotte and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Clean Air Carolina has a broad range of programs to advance its mission of ensuring cleaner air quality for all North Carolinians through education and advocacy and by working with our partners to reduce sources of pollution. To learn more about Clean Air Carolina, go to www.cleanaircarolina.org.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing, executing and managing Clean Air Carolina’s (CAC) communications strategy using content that elevates our reputation as a statewide advocacy organization and increases revenue. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled communicator who can convey new and compelling content through print and electronic media in alignment with CAC’s mission and core values. This position reports to the Executive Director and the preferred location is based in Charlotte at CAC’s main office, however, Triangle-based candidates will be considered.
• Develop, execute and manage a communications strategy to advance CAC’s brand identity, broaden awareness of our programs and priorities and increase organizational visibility and connection with key audiences
• Create, schedule, publish and manage engaging content across our web, email and social media platforms to drive new membership, engage current membership and attract strategic partners.
• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice and optimized for search and user experience.
• Lead copywriting and website content creation using WordPress.
• Derive and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for engagement, conversion rate and effectiveness of communications.
• Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for community partners, staff and volunteers to give feedback on the effectiveness of CAC teams and programs.
• Manage graphic designers and other external communications resources to produce relevant content.
• Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, marketing or similar field and five years or more of professional experience in the field of communications.
• Demonstrated experience developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners and the media with staff.
• Experience with public relations strategies and brand development and standards.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing and editing skills and content design capabilities.
• Fluency in and experience with interpreting and reporting web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (Hootsuite) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Experience with HTML/CSS.
• Passionate about Clean Air Carolina‘s mission and able to promote, demonstrate and communicate the mission, values and achievements of CAC to others.
The work environment requires someone that is a self-starter, confident, responsible, reliable, enthusiastic and goal-oriented. The individual must be flexible in a rapidly-changing work environment and work well independently and as part of a team.
Schedule and compensation
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a pioneering nonprofit’s communications efforts. This full-time (40 hours per week) position requires occasional evening meetings, weekend work and overnight travel. Clean Air Carolina offers a competitive compensation package.
Send cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing samples to Gerald Babao, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16, 2018. The writing samples should demonstrate the breath of your experience.