Front End Developer (With an Eye for Design)
If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established well-known company, but like to work in a small, dynamic, highly collaborative start-up style environment, then you’ve come to the right place
We are seeking a talented full-time, Front-end Developer to take our highly innovative creative concepts and build them with as much creativity and precision as they were designed. Although your primary function is that of a top tier front-end developer, you have an eye for design and will play an important role as an integrated part of our award-winning internal (and super fun) creative agency. You care about pixel perfection and bring innovative design and interaction ideas to the table every day.
A primary portion of the position will be creating beautiful and easy-to-use UIs that possess the simplicity, usability and attention to detail as if you were a modern day Di Vinci. The position would be responsible for building websites, interactive forms and landing pages for various products including mortgages, autos, credit cards, free credit, personal loans and many more (Basically, we find ways to save people money: yep, Superhero). With hundreds of thousands of page views each week, one successful new homepage or landing page test could generate millions in annual revenue. Your future team may hoist you up upon their shoulders and carry you off into a victorious sunset. That’s right. That’s the power, exposure and potential success you could have in this position.
• Code pages and offer creative usability solutions while adhering to the growing brand and style guidelines.
• Be able to create rapid prototypes for testing products and new concepts.
• Maintain web standards and keep up-to-date with new technologies and advertising trends and formats (i.e. site responsiveness, size restrictions, mobile, web video, etc).
• Along with landing and homepages, other requests will inevitably come your way including interactive infographics, microsites, new interactive form flows and overall page innovations.
• Brainstorm, concept and collaborate with the Creative Team.
• Responsible for shaping the LendingTree brand via our online presence.
• Work with internal customers to determine project goals and deliverable timeframes.
Our ideal candidate:
• Is a graduate from a 4-year school with a graphic design degree or computer science degree (or close equivalent) and over 3 years experience, including front-end development and other relevant interactive media.
• Has a portfolio or a list of stellar web sites and other projects that you have worked on where you can demonstrate excellent coding principles and problem solving through visual communication.
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with our Technology, Marketing and Product peers as a key creative partner.
• Can find creative solutions to solve technical problems. Use your creativity to build elements and make things more efficient.
• Can understand business objectives and proactively contribute both strategic and innovative ideas.
• Interested in the analytics associated with the creatives you produce and test, to improve pages by making small but significant changes.
• Is able to work in a fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects at once.
• Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas.
• Produces quick and dirty solutions for review before driving full speed ahead.
• Expert knowledge of the HTML5, CSS, SASS/LESS.
• WordPress and PHP experience.
• Experience using Bootstrap framework.
• Knowledge of Responsive Web Design and building custom grids.
• Ability to create clean and concise code for cross-platform browsers – no WYSIWYG.
• Experience with GIT in a production environment and comfortable with resolving code conflicts or versioning issues.
• Able to create and maintain local development environments.
• Developing in a mobile-first UI perspective.
• Simple CSS animation using Keyframes.
• Knowledge in progress web app development.
• Experience using automated scripting tools like gulp to build automated development processes leveraging NPM or Yarn, Node.js and other modern development techniques.
Benefits and compensation:
• This position offers a competitive salary for a Front-end Developer with 3+ years of experience.
• We offer all of the regular perks (i.e. medical, dental, vision, etc), plus a few unique ones including “unlimited” time off, 6% 401(k) matching, personal trainer, yoga instructor, etc).
• Work for an established brand in a start-up environment.
• Located in the beautiful Ballantyne Corporate Park with easy access to I-485, delicious lunch spots, golf courses, shops, nature trails and parks that are all set to the serene soundtrack of babbling brooks and birds chirping. Seriously, you’ll think you’re the main star in a yoga based Disney Princess movie. Namaste.
Online portfolio required. Please submit with application.