Human Resources Manager
Ditch the dog guilt with The Waggle Company, a rapidly-growing, on-demand dog walking service bringing peace of mind to every pet owner. With same-day scheduling, GPS tracking and pet photos after every visit, The Waggle Company provides an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and trustworthiness through a tech-enabled platform and a trained and vetted team of pet care professionals.
The Waggle Company is looking for an HR Manager to lead the company’s HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance and staffing levels. This person will serve as the link between management and employees, providing consultation on strategic planning to recruiting, interviewing and hiring new staff.
The ideal candidate has professional experience and certification in human resources, well-versed in the areas of communication and mediation and possesses an analytical mind and a strong personal code of ethics.
What you’ll do:
• Develop and administer human resource plans and procedures.
• Oversee recruitment and training efforts for all personnel.
• Contribute to the development of HR department goals, objectives and systems.
• Review and process payroll and benefit activities.
• Attract, motivate and retain the most qualified talent by directing the administrative functions.
• Handle employee-related services, regulatory compliance and employee relations.
• Implement and revise a compensation program.
• Create and revise job ads and role descriptions.
• Develop, analyze and update the company’s evaluation program and a handbook on policies and procedures.
• Conduct new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
• Oversee exit interviews.
• Maintain department records and reports.
What we’d love to see:
• BA/BS degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent work experience.
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
• Professional certification of one or more of the following, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) and/or HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
• Love of dogs.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
• Competitive compensation plus bonus.
• PTO plan.
• Employee stock option plan.
• Unlimited swag.