Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative is responsible for developing sales strategies and soliciting corporate clients by marketing all aspects of our firm’s relocation management services. They will also develop and implement programs and services to enhance partnerships with businesses who do not currently engage with Relocation Management companies. Our goal is to provide the highest level of real estate services with integrity and professionalism. If you feel you have what it takes to become part of this great team, please review the job requirements and submit an application. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Solicit, develop and service local corporate contacts to increase relocation opportunities for our Charlotte sales associates. Make presentations in person and by phone outlining the company’s relocation service advantages and secure non third-party relocation business.
• Ensure corporate program is delivered to transferee seamlessly. Ensure a high conversion of incoming business through counseling, service delivery, follow up and quality agent selection. Update source of business on progress and resolve concerns. Focus is always on customer service.
• Introduce new programs to corporate clients to enhance market share and create marketing materials that will support and help sell the programs.
• Partner with Charlotte and regional economic development organizations to solicit and support new corporate relocations to North Carolina, including but not exclusive to Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, Charlotte Regional Partnership, county economic developers and site selection consultants.
• Participate in the development and delivery of sales agent training to ensure knowledge of relocation activities and services.
• Develop skills in cross-selling company products to existing and new accounts. Work with BHHS Carolinas sales associates to support client home finding, warranty, mortgage and title needs.
• Oversee or perform administrative activities to include Relocation Specialist data base maintenance, correspondence, marketing reporting. Assist with maintaining office social media platforms in order to increase brand visibility and drive traffic to website. Remain knowledgeable of these platforms.
• May supervise relocation staff responsible for account service and coordination. Serve as a backup to other staff as needed.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
• Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
• Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
• Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
• Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
• Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly and following good safety practices in all activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
• 2-3 years sales, business development and marketing experience. Real Estate and Relocation experience would be helpful.
• Experience working with corporate clients and third party companies, corporate calling experience preferred.
Knowledge and skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
• A strong customer service focus.
• Analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
• Project management skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
• Proficiency in business software and Microsoft Office products.
• Overnight travel required for several annual conventions.
• Daily travel to service and solicit local clients.
• Driving outside of the triad area will be needed on an occasional basis.
• Valid NC Driver’s License with proof of clean driving record.
• Position requires operation of personally owned vehicle, which is dependable and in acceptable working condition.
• Real estate license preferred.
• Certified Relocation Professional (CRP) preferred.
Submit resume to HR@BHHSCarolinas.com.