Provides overall leadership and strategic direction for the assigned Market, including sales and service, lending functions, operations, expense and budget controls, human resource management and community leadership.
Essential job functions:
• Provides leadership to the Market.
• Responsible for oversight of Market personnel and operations.
• Focus on growing existing portfolio and acquiring new customer relationships.
• Develop, maintain and service a commercial loan portfolio through loan origination, service and collection.
• Accurately analyzes financial statements and cash flows.
• Accurately determine and document collateral risk.
• Engage in ongoing business development efforts including strengthening present customer relationships and prospecting for new customers.
• Ensures compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
• Participates in community and professional activities and organizations.
• Guides, manages and assists in development of departmental staff.
• Travels on company business.
• Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of essential job functions.
• Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• Strong business development skills.
• Solid knowledge of lending regulations, policies and practices.
• Willingness and ability to participate in community and professional activities and organizations.
• Results oriented sales leader.
• Ability to determine asset liability and collateral risk.
• Ability to accurately analyze financial statements and cash flows.
• Understanding of the appraisal process and ability to adequately review appraisals.
• Understanding of legal entities and how to properly perfect bank’s interest in collateral.
Equipment used and working environment:
• Photocopy machine.
• Facsimile machine.
• Telephone and cell/smart phone.
Major job demands:
• Working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Decision making.
• Problem solving.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or commensurate work experience required. Degree in business, finance or related field preferred.
• MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in a financial institution.
• Minimum 3 years’ commercial lending experience, including Portfolio management/credit experience driving growth and managing risk.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Bank of the Ozarks is an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local law. Member FDIC.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.