Technical Writing Intern
Our interns matter and are a major part of SentryOne. The bold, fast-paced culture at SentryOne will have you hands-on on day one. You’ll learn from the best in the industry, tackle complex technical problems and work on real projects with real impact.
Do you see yourself as someone who likes working with people, solving problems and developing your knowledge and skills? If the answer is yes, exploring opportunities in technical writing through an internship may be for you. At SentryOne, you will find ways to apply exceptional writing techniques to explain an industry-leading software product that aims to improve the lives of data professionals.
The Technical Writer Intern has basic technical knowledge and superior attention to detail. This role assists in the conversion of documentation for our software to a modern web platform as well as the creation of new documents. Documents must be up-to-date, grammatically correct, include clear images and instructions and be user-friendly.
What you will do:
• Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience.
• Work with Senior Technical Writer on documentation requirements.
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and integrated feature guides.
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements.
• Create tutorials to help end-users learn a variety of application features.
• Proofread all documentation.
• Maintain the information architecture.
• Studying Computer Science, Technical Communication, Technical Writing, English or a related field.
• Experience or interest in technical writing and editing.
• Ability to deliver high-quality documentation, paying close attention to detail.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable.
• Excellent written skills in English.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Basic familiarity with popular blogging platforms such as WordPress is desirable.
• Basic familiarity with HTML/CSS is desirable.
• Basic level of knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies is a plus.
Culture and benefits:
• Charlotte Business Journal’s 2015 and 2016 Best Places to Work.
• Work from our main office in Huntersville.
• Flexible schedules.
• Casual attire.
• Free, catered lunch every Friday.
• Top hardware and freedom to configure your setup according to what works for you.
• Collaborative, fun environment.
• We have a pub.
• Slack means less email.
• Company outings like U.S. National Whitewater Center, Summer Picnic, Holiday Parties, etc.
• A short walk across the bridge to Birkdale Village.
• Yoga Wednesdays, Pick-up Basketball, Soccer Wednesdays and more.
SentryOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.