Senior Financial Analyst
Own relevant reporting, including data collection and insightful analysis of results. Partner across the organization to develop and measure against monthly budgets and forecasts. Provide financial analytics to support key business initiatives and decisions.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with key stakeholders across functions, channels and geographies to develop accurate assumptions and analytical inputs to budget/forecast.
• Prepare reporting and financial analysis for Senior Management including explanations of variances to forecast, plan and prior periods and other ad hoc analysis as requested.
• Provide analytical support to Financial Accounting during month end close, responsibilities include reconciliation of actuals to forecast, abnormal transaction research and explanation of variances.
• Maintain a high level awareness of relevant business conditions, trends, etc. to provide the best possible insights.
• Utilize technology and systems to populate models, presentations and streamline workload with focus on automation.
• Maintain the highest level of accuracy and error-proofing in own work.
• Support the preparation of key deliverables including presentations, standard reports and ad-hoc requests.
• Understand and interpret key performance metrics and how they move based on different business periods, events, calendar shifts, etc.
• Participate in ad hoc business analysis projects as necessary.
• Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred.
• 3-4+ years of relevant business experience.
• Experience with specialized financial systems such as GL systems, Hyperion/Essbase, Cognos and other BI interfaces.
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook, Internet applications, including expert knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion) and planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects, ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated proactive approach with desire to continually increase knowledge and responsibilities.
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.