Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of the HR Director, Diversity & Inclusion is to lead the Diversity & Inclusion team to build and advance Lowe’s Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategy supporting the company’s business objectives, developing long range and annual business plans, implementing policies, programs and processes, mitigating risks and evaluating D&I ROI. This includes responsibility for serving as a strategic partner to business leaders and delivering leading-edge D&I support services. This role is critical to Lowe’s because it consults and influences at all levels within the Company effectively advancing Lowe’s D&I journey.
• Develops and executes short and long range Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies and annual Human Resource plans supporting Lowe’s business goals with a focus on integration.
• Creates and executes communications and change management strategies, including an internal plan to increase awareness with associates, Corporate and Field, as well as an external plan supporting key stakeholder relationships and talent pipeline building.
• In collaboration with the Culture team, develop and deliver a global employee engagement solutions that are inclusive of both salaried and hourly associates.
• Continuously scans Lowe’s for new business opportunity through a diversity lens.
• Partners closely with key organizations to ensure culturally appropriate marketing and branding solutions, customer interactions and community engagement.
• Develops strategic relationships, increasing the depth and breadth of the Company’s partnerships, the Lowe’s brand and ongoing evaluation of the ROI.
• Partners with L&D to develop a contemporary, comprehensive, best of breed D&I learning and development strategy for foundational to advanced levels for all associates, aligning with other leadership development and talent management programs.
• Partners with HR Business Partner’s (HRBPs) to develop and implement strategies for their respective Business/Function, Corporate and Field/Stores, partners with Talent Acquisition to implement effective diversity recruiting strategies at all levels, increases HR community’s D&I competency.
• Supports annual diversity goal setting with Talent Management in alignment with the HR scorecard, also
partner with HRBPs to establish annual business D&I goals.
• Conducts bench-marking for best-in-class, data driven D&I practices that will accelerate Lowe’s “best place to work” journey, making recommendations for the HR long range plan and scorecard.
• Leads participation in external surveys and supports employee Best Talent Survey D&I index, aligning programs and processes for maximum results.
• Develops and presents highly impactful presentations.
Qualification and education:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 10+ years as a senior level diversity leader experienced with diversity, cultural competencies, experience with global laws and regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity and supplier diversity.
• Prior experience identifying, learning, facilitating and collaboratively implementing best practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion in a global, largely non-exempt organizational setting.
• At least 4-5 years of experience leading a (potentially) global team with an emphasis on development, accountability and execution.
• Skilled in influencing and collaborating with all levels within the organization.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.