Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team of digital marketing leads and marketing senior specialists to deliver strategic, data driven marketing strategies, tactics and actions that support business needs, help deliver total company metrics, drive traffic and optimize ROI. The marketing manager will possess analytical skills, problem solving agilities and will demonstrate how to utilize, interpret and action off of data on a regular basis. This individual will also possess strong leadership skills, working cross functionally across the organization to delivery results, as well as direct responsibility of team members. This role drives sales and profitability by developing and implementing marketing strategies that drive in-store and online demand/traffic and requires a deep understanding of competitive trends, market trends and media trends to ultimately deliver total company KPIs. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, optimization and delivery of digital marketing programs such as paid search, display, affiliate marketing and paid social advertising.
• Leads the planning, implementation and optimization of ongoing paid search, display, affiliate marketing and paid social programs.
• Contributes to the development of a marketing strategy and tactics consistent with the organization’s overall mission, vision and objectives through the use of data driven recommendations
• Defines measures of success, objectives, recommends choice of media and allocates resources so marketing strategies are effective, economical and appropriate for the intended audience, demonstrates the ability to tailor marketing strategies uniquely for each channel.
• Selects and manages employees who report direct, as well as works cross functionally daily across a highly complex matrix organization to deliver results, ultimately accountable for delivering and executing upon the marketing strategy.
• Adjusts marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions “on the fly” utilizing data and analytical skills, conducts postmortem and deep dives of how to improve marketing effectiveness future state.
• Liaises with other cross-functional managers and agency partners to ensure that marketing activities are integrated with other parts of the business and align with corporate objectives.
• Drives Marketing projects to completion by leading, directing, evaluating and developing a team of marketing professionals that effectively implement the marketing strategy and deliver on enterprise objectives.
• Manages a multi-million dollar expense budget and ensures that Marketing funds are appropriated in the most cost-effective and impactful manner.
• Requires deep understanding of each channel (mass and digital) and an evolving knowledge of channels consumers interface with regularly which shifts day to day.
• Demonstrates the ability to pivot quickly and adapt to the changing demands of the consumer based on how the customer is voting with their wallet (financial performance) as well as how the customer is voting with their time (e.g. how the customer chooses to consume the media).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in Marketing or related field, including media planning or analytics.
• 5+ years experience in the Retail Industry
• 3-5 years proven people leadership experience
• 3-5 years experience leading digital marketing programs for a major brand
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.