The Industrial Engineer supports the on-site Sr. Industrial Engineer with driving efficiency in the FC environment by helping to optimize current process, reduce labor costs, provide detailed analysis to operational team, and driving capital projects to completion
Essential function and responsibilities:
• Perform Facility level analysis of operational data and metrics.
• Identify expense reduction opportunities specifically related to overall FC initiatives.
• Assist change management processes with ability to translate recommendations into clear and precise functional requirements.
• Perform root cause analysis and develop analytical tools to improve problem-solving processes.
• Perform analysis including process mapping, simulation, statistical modeling and process re-engineering.
• Assist with delivering projects on-time and on budget, including post implementation training, troubleshooting and ongoing support as necessary.
• Assist with development of financial budgets and tracking associated with return on investment, growth and maintenance projects.
• Participate in cross-functional teams, specifically with IT, Transportation, HR and Operations teams.
• Ability to support projects in a distribution environment.
• Provide consistent and timely communication, to present current status, acquire consensus of future needs and forecasts and mitigate potential risk.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, with a can-do attitude.
• Assist in creating rates and time studies for the facility.
Requirements and qualifications:
• 2 or more years of applicable experience.
• Specific work or project experience. Experience in rate setting, experience working on capital projects and experience with WM, WCS and LM applications.
• Industry experience of 1-3 years experience in a retail distribution environment.
• 4 or more years of applicable experience.
• Specific work or project experience. Experience leading or managing capital projects, internal consulting experience and involved in implementation of LM system.
• Industry experience of 3-5 years experience in a retail distribution environment.