The Manager of Digital Marketing is responsible for creating and maintaining a superior consumer experience on Carowinds multiple digital platforms, including website, mobile app, social media channels and select email communication. This position is responsible for planning, creating and posting original content on the various digital channels and providing ongoing and ad hoc reporting. The position is responsible all aspects of Carowinds social media presence including monitoring and regularly responding to user comments and questions, moderating responses, reporting on guest sentiment and managing a monthly budget for paid social content. This position is the day to day liaison for social media influencer relations, assists and sometimes leads special events and is integral in crisis communication management.
• Manages Carowinds website and mobile app by generating original content, leveraging existing content and/or partnering with agencies and corporate teams for content. Develops digital content for all major attendance driving programs (including new products, consumer events, promotions, pricing, season passes, etc.) as well as keeping on-going content up to date and fresh (including park hours, entertainment schedules, ride closures, etc.). Acts as liaison to broader organization (marketing, sales, foods, merchandise, rides, campground) attending meetings and establishing ongoing communication in order to ensure all content is as relevant as possible.
• Oversee all aspects of Carowinds mobile app, including: keeping evergreen content up-to-date, adding and removing seasonal content, working with corporate and third party partners for day to day management of the app, growing awareness and usage of the app and reporting out on utilization and user sentiment and ensuring the in-park messaging functionality is fully utilized and optimized for the best possible app users’ experience.
• Manages assigned budgets and works directly with external agencies on development of web content and infrastructure, such as: SEO/SEM, digital advertising, content development and reporting. Stays abreast of current trends and evaluates growth opportunities for the company websites.
• Responsible for the growth of current and future social media platforms. Monitoring and reporting out on key social media and providing guest sentiment reporting for all platforms and channels.
• Develop and execute Carowinds social media strategies and plans, including the creation of all social media content (e.g. promotions, contests, news, fan interest, pictures, gifs, videos and offers), manage postings, provide consumer responses to comments, answer user questions and respond to comments in a timely manner across all platforms.
• Responsible for the development, execution and post program analysis for email marketing campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, development of creative content, maintenance of segmentation schemes, pre-campaign design and post campaign analysis and reporting. Must work in tandem with corporate partners to accomplish this work.
• Provides assistance as directed by the Director of Communications for programs such as, but not limited to: media and public relations support and commercial/advertising production projects.
• Lead crisis communication efforts across digital platforms, including the development of consumer responses/statements, posting on social media outlets and answering guest questions/comments on social platforms where appropriate. Assist PR team with media and guest inquiries. Assist with other responsibilities including, but not limited to writing press statements, making statements on camera and answering press or guest questions.
• Responsible for assigned digital marketing budget and justify spending, timely reporting and management of expenses.
• Manage the digital content coordinator as a resource for select work streams, providing daily supervision and guidance.
• Manage the Carowinds Marketing photo and video asset library by keeping existing content organized, adding new photos/videos as they’re created seasonally and working with local and corporate teams to designate proper usage guidelines for the assets (e.g. use on social, collateral, paid media, determining usage life, etc).
• Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college or university).
• 3-5 years of related experience.
• High degree of PC literacy, including MS Office, social media platform proficiency, visual and audio editing tools, website development and experience with web content management systems, SEO/SEM and e-commerce experience a plus.
• Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
• Strong verbal, written communication and analytical skills.
• Must be detail oriented and possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
• Highly self-motivated and results oriented.
• Photo and video asset creation and editing skills a plus.
• Theme park or entertainment marketing experience a plus.
• Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
• Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
• Driver’s license.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.