Coordinator, Industry Communications
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history, with an eye towards the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join our team in the position Coordinator, Industry Communications based in our Charlotte, NC office. The Coordinator, Industry Communications will provide communication services to the IMC team and conduct day-to-day efforts with communications professionals at industry teams.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Acts as primary liaison to industry teams on important and time-relevant information such as current events, promotions, driver communications, marketing information, etc.
• Collaborates with IMC counterparts and across all departments to identify and strategically mobilize company resources to support key promotional initiatives of industry stakeholders.
• Serves as project lead on assigned industry communications and IMC-driven events.
• Manages master industry team contact distribution list.
• Provide proactive, strategic media relations in advance of national series events.
• Develop industry press/media materials.
• Assist with special projects as assigned, including end-of-year awards ceremonies, the NASCAR Drive 4 Diversity program and Media Days in support of major events.
• Produce content and pitch key storylines to regional and national media.
• Estimated travel 20%, including weekends.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Business-minded strategic thinker adept at bringing various parties together to achieve a common goal.
• Naturally collaborative with a proven ability to execute strategy working with an internal team.
• Good people skills (relationship building) and multi-tasking.
• Attention to detail.