This position combines your passion as a user advocate with your knowledge and expertise to deliver the best possible experiences for Belk customers. As a UX partner or lead, you drive projects from early concept to launch. You collaborate with eCommerce team partners to understand customer and business needs, explore interaction design opportunities, propose solutions, validate them through user testing, specify final designs in detail and participate in UAT testing for web and mobile interactions.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Partner with Web Merchants and members of the Digital Experience Team, Digital Business Team and IT Team to deliver designs for a variety of projects.
• Your user-centered design skills will be relied upon to produce concepts, competitive analyses, user flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes, detailed functional specifications and perform usability tests.
• You will be expected to clearly articulate your vision and design decisions to stakeholders and meet deadlines.
• You work as well individually as you do in a collaborative team and can juggle multiple projects.
Requirements and qualifications:
• At least 5 – 10 years experience in the e-commerce, transactional or interactive space as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer or related role.
• A strong portfolio that includes documentation samples and demonstrates your core skills across a variety of project types.
• BA/BFA/BS in communication, multimedia, human computer interaction, design or a related field.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to large and small audiences.
• Proven ability leading business requirements gathering and feature set definition.
• Experience conducting or assisting in user research and usability testing.
• Produce documentation including, but not exclusive to concepts, user flows, wireframes and functional specifications.
• Open to working in both Waterfall and Agile environments.