Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry. Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
Supports logistics team from a software development standpoint with our HighJump WMS implementation in a fast-paced cross functional team environment.
• Development and enhancement of HighJump WMS (Warehouse Management System); manage functionality and configuration of the system as well as integrating with other Enterprise systems.
• Manage external vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables.
• Define system requirements based on functional and technical requirements. Help plan and implement actions required to deploy application to production environment.
• Work with other IT Team members to troubleshoot and test functionality specified in design documents.
• Project management, application/system support and provide technical assistance to business users in support of other business applications as assigned.
• Identify opportunities and risks in business processes, applications and systems and recommend and/or implement enhancements to the same through the application of process changes, applications/systems modifications and implementation of new technologies.
• Build relationships with peers and other teams to achieve objectives, maintain objectivity and give and welcome feedback on technology, design and implementation decisions
• Setup and configure of RF (Radio Frequency) devices, printers and other equipment. Support IT infrastructure as needed.
Education and experience:
• 2 -4 years of experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Expertise with one of the following, HighJump Software, Red Prairie (JSDA), Manhattan Associates, SAP, Oracle-WM Accellos or RAMP systems
• Experience in application development and support. Solid programming and development skills in C#, VB.NET, Web Services, ETL and REST web services.
• 2-4 years of experience with SQL Server, including the ability to design schemas, write queries and creating/maintaining stored procedures.
• 2-4 years of experience translating business needs into IT requirements.
• Experience translating technical concepts to business customers.
• Project management, external vendor management and/or business analysis desired.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and self-manage.
• Supply chain and distribution industry knowledge and experience preferred.
• Labeling (Bartender) experience a plus.
• BA/BS degree in computer science, technical engineering or related experience.
• Information management.
• Planning and organizing.
• Problem analysis and problem solving.
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.