Planner – Ready To Wear
The role of the Planner is to maximize gross margin dollars and inventory productivity by providing the overall financial direction of a category or department(s). Planners are primarily responsible for developing seasonal merchandise financial plans and by-door plans, pricing and assortment optimization. Planners also work with Buyers in assortment and buy planning by facilitating layering of assortments and validating the profitability of purchases. In-season, Planners provide in-depth analysis of product performance and make recommendations to maximize business opportunities.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Develop merchandise financial plans, vendor or class as appropriate, that support the merchandise strategies while achieving corporate financial goals both for the short term (seasonal) and long term (multi-year).
• Develop the assortment plan and the initial buy plan through use of hind-sighting and profitability tools.
• Develop replenishment budgets and providing analytics required for planning and managing replenishment items. Re-forecasting replenishment budget to inform Monthly Forecast.
• Complete forecasts and recommendations for Monthly Forecast process to manage business in season and maximize opportunities through product lifecycle management.
• Partner with allocation team to Reconcile merchandise and by-door plans with store level opportunities.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent years of comparable experience.
• 4-7 years of retail experience, 2-3 in merchandise or financial planning.
• Proficient in Excel and Microsoft office suite of products and business related software.
• Strong merchandising, product and marketing skills.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Highly organized and able to multitask.
• Builds and maintains productive relationships with peers, merchant team and allocation team.
• Demonstrates leadership and decision-making skills.
• Takes calculated risks to achieve results.
• Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
• Analyzes business to the lowest level to identify opportunities in sales, inventory and margin by store, department and class.
• Reacts to business trends in a timely and efficient manner.
• Adapts to shifting circumstances in a business environment.
• Able to translate strategy into tactical, well-developed financial plans.
• Able to think strategically and provide financial direction for future business opportunities.
• Maintains professionalism in work relationships and habits.
• Develops creative solutions to business issues.
• Works effectively with staff and Divisional/BSS management to achieve sound financial and merchandising solutions based on analysis, input and experience.
• Communicates effectively with stores and vendors.