Maintenance Technician – Charlotte
Maintain the properties mechanical equipment, handling work orders, preventative maintenance and manage on site contractors. To provide our clients – owners and tenants with the highest level of client service available. Full and part-time opportunities available.
• Develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals and enforce compliance.
• Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues, must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations (including fire, evacuation, equipment failure) and customer concerns.
• Communicate effectively and frequently with Property Manager and Tenant Coordinator on all significant operational and engineering related issues.
• Conduct daily tours of the premises to identify any building problems and inspect all mechanical equipment.
• Utilize the building work order program to complete tenant requests, preventative maintenance (scheduled) as well as equipment inventories.
• Work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure work is done according to property guidelines.
• Inspect all properties on a regular basis with Property Manager to ensure building operations are performing according to Trinity Partners’ standards and procedures.
• Ensure that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and life safety systems are operating effectively.
• Oversee all preventative maintenance programs.
• Prioritize day-to-day operations.
• Oversee tenant improvement construction projects and capital improvements as required.
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency and Company directives as they relate building operations.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building maintenance.
• Ability to multi-task, interact with tenants and vendors and excellent understanding of building systems.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders and ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 50lbs or more.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Computer literacy: working knowledge of computers and email.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electric, plumbing, HVAC, building automation or energy management systems, door hardware and basic construction principles.
• Ability to read, understand and utilize wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and blueprints.
• Knowledge of refrigeration theory and practices. Understanding and adoption of safe refrigerant use and handling practices.
• Ability and desire to learn.
• Proficient in the use of the computerized work order system and other electronic Company-specific programs.
• Ability to understand systems and perform operations in a commercial office or industrial building.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision in a team environment.
• Ability to assist and train other associates as needed.
• Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts and the ability to repeatedly lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50 lbs).
• Proficient in the use of hand and small power tools.
• Ability and willingness to work safely in all weather conditions and/or at all local market locations.
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required.
• Ability to display a professional image and attitude.
• Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
• Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
• Ability to track budgets and provide input on annual budgets.
• Ability to interact, coordinate and manage outside vendors and contractors.