Marketing Advertising Manager
This position is for an Advertising Manager, which is part of the Hendrick Automotive Group Marketing team. The Hendrick Automotive Group Marketing team provides support to the Hendrick Automotive Group network of dealerships across the country. This position will perform and hold responsibility for a number of tasks including management of all traditional media buys, facilitate database marketing, being an overall subject matter expert on traditional and direct/database marketing platforms, management of print and out of home projects, working knowledge of OEM co-op programs and liaison between the digital, creative, executive and philanthropic teams at Hendrick Automotive Group. Supervisory responsibilities include assisting the Advertising Director in managing advertising consultants, media buyers, production agency(s) and design work for Hendrick Marketing.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Management and auditing of the external media-buying agency.
• Management and auditing of the external creative-production agency.
• Work with dealership personnel to facilitate media buys and creative procedures.
• Develop/manage traditional and direct marketing budget for each of the Hendrick supported dealerships.
• Management/facilitation of email marketing. Understanding of strategy, innovative technology, best practices and advising our teammates and dealerships on best practices.
• Ensure media buys remain on budget and expenses are managed.
• Maintain and audit monthly advertising budgets/calendars.
• Ability to digest, comprehend and glean insights from numerous reporting sources.
• Responsible for tracking effectiveness of campaigns and production increases associated with traditional marketing.
• Work closely with media buying agency on pre and post buy analysis reporting and make goods.
• Work with accounting team to ensure that all invoices are trafficked to the stores and paid in a timely manner.
• Provide aggregate reporting for direct mail and email to dealerships on a monthly basis.
• Manage newspaper advertising and contracts for all Hendrick supported dealerships (if applicable).
• Responsible for understanding advertising OEM compliance as well as knowledge of state laws for all Hendrick managed dealerships. Providing this guidance to the dealerships and third party advertising agencies and vendors as needed.
• Have knowledge of manufacturer co-op guidelines, ensure all creative is compliant and submissions are timely.
• Work with dealerships and corporate to ensure that customer information safeguards are being followed.
• Attend advertising meetings with dealerships and third party agencies on a regular basis and assist with creative ideas.
• Liaison with the Digital department to ensure communication is flowing, message consistency, etc.
• Monitors industry for new opportunities to enhance programs, constantly pushing capability to next level and making sure the Hendrick dealerships maintain a high percentage of market share.
• Work to evaluate new and existing advertising vendors and assist in negotiating group rates
• Assist Hendrick dealerships with dealership events, grand openings, etc. as needed.
• As department grows new roles and increased responsibilities will be discussed and delegated.
• Nights and weekends on a case-by-case basis.
• Team atmosphere, some travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor Degree.
• 5+ years experience in business environment.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Advanced Computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
• Strong knowledge of various social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, etc and various third party applications used by dealerships.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel.
• The position requires regular and predictable attendance.
• Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends and holidays.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit, use hands to finger, handle and feel.
• Duties are performed primarily at a desk in an office environment but will also be required to work throughout the facility.
• Work includes frequent clerical and administrative assignments and interaction with office, employees and company personnel.
Verbal and writing ability
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small and large group situations to customers and other employees.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret and analyze marketing data, reports and spreadsheets.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values.
• Servant leadership – consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them.
• Teamwork through trust and respect – diversity is strength and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level.
• Integrity – Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make.
• Commitment to customer enthusiasm – Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers.
• Passion for winning – Hendrick’s tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest and is therefore defined by how we treat our people.
• Accountability at all levels – Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals and support each other as a team.
• Commitment to continuous improvement – Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company. Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.