VP of Digital Advertising Operations
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
The Vice President of Digital Ad Operations will set the overall strategy and direction for the Digital Advertising Services teams in Spectrum Reach. The VP will report to Operations Executive leadership. This role is responsible for the effective processing, development and technical aspects of digital inventory, which is key to the revenue goals of the business unit. This strategic leader is responsible for not only the efficient operation and workflow of their department, but for establishing and cultivating key client relationships and partnering to solve enterprise level challenges with other functional leaders. The Vice President will directly manage 2 or more Directors of Ad Operations.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Will be responsible for developing and leading a digital operations function that aligns to the sales organization’s goals and objectives. This includes development, management and fulfillment of Digital campaigns for Spectrum Reach’s National and Local Digital Advertisers. This requires a wide range of focus and a combination of leadership and collaboration, along with operational, technical and customer service skills.
• Work closely with senior Digital, Operations and Sales Leaders in optimizing Digital Ad Operations to meet the needs of the business unit.
• Build and sustain relationships with partners, vendors and consultants as needed to develop successful, scalable solutions that maximize operational efficiency with minimal disruption to the selling process and ensure systems are configured to handle new media products.
• Provide leadership, direction and training to the teams following industry best practice processes.
• Steward campaign management processes, leading to reduced churn and increased customer satisfaction.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams to operationalize new products, launch new services, vendors or capabilities and ensure operational processes are understood and implemented.
• Improve departmental efficiency and develop best practices by providing leadership, suggestions and reporting data to aid in decision making process.
• Lead Directors and teams in development of new and improved fulfillment processes, including gathering and providing data for system enhancements and communicating with external groups as necessary and requested on new projects and changes.
• Communicate with external groups as necessary new processes and plan updates as needed and requested.
• Lead logistic efforts and business needs within group including business continuity planning, invoicing, process, plans and project management as assigned by leadership.
• Evaluate system and process proposals including feasibility, practicality and technical viability for the fulfillment teams.
• Heavy communication and engagement with internal and external teams is expected.
• 5 Years of prior leadership experience minimum.
• 8-10 years of previous experience in Advertising Operations/related business, preferably in the cable television, digital and/or advertising industries.
• Demonstrated expertise in Leadership, Collaboration and Process optimization.
• Expertise in managing and leading cross-functional teams, resource planning, budget and quality control.
• Knowledgable in developing and delivering business presentations to influence and inform decision making to senior management.
• BS or Masters Degree in business administration or equivalent preferred.
• 10+ years leadership experience in Advertising Operations, sales operations, business planning or sales management role.
• Prior experience at VP level preferred.
• IAB or similar certifications preferred.
• Expertise in successfully managing large projects and large field based teams is preferred..
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability. Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.