Vice President of Marketing
SentryOne is seeking a VP of Marketing to develop and express the SentryOne (S1) brand to meet corporate objectives of accelerating revenue growth, solidifying S1 as a destination employer and driving forward S1 product and business strategy. In this role, the VP of Marketing will oversee S1 branding, corporate communications, product positioning and messaging, market research, go-to-market campaigns, content creation, sales enablement, creative direction and all aspects of demand generation, including inbound and outbound marketing, to drive sales leads aligned with revenue goals. This role will be best served by and individual capable of leading or managing a diverse team.
• Direct development of corporate branding—including vision, voice and verbal and visual identity—to convey consistent corporate presence in the market.
• Collaborate closely with product team to development product messaging and positioning, aligned with corporate goals.
• Oversee market research strategy and execution.
• Own entire marketing budget, including the budgeting planning process and constant oversight of budget allocation and burn.
• Lead all aspects of demand generation through multiple channels (email, SEO/paid search/re-marketing, events, social media) to meet corporate objectives for filling sales pipeline with actionable leads.
• Leading brand and product line mergers surrounding acquisitions and/or product line refactoring.
• Direct content strategy to engage new prospects and existing customers with helpful content that conveys the expertise and accessibility of S1 data professionals.
• Provide creative direction to ensure S1 brand is conveyed consistently, from corporate communications to product messaging, educational assets and campaign messaging.
• Lead product marketing organization to ensure successful development of product positioning and messaging, market research and all aspects of content generation, including product marketing collateral, social media communications, campaign materials, event messaging and educational content.
• Lead all corporate communications, including in-house or outsourced marketing communications, distribution of corporate announcements and press releases, investor relations, media relations and internal and external expression of corporate culture, including HR communications (recruiting materials, in-house communications, etc.).
• Plan and execute effective event program which encompasses community event participation, S1-branded events, trade show presence, etc.
• Oversight and guidance surrounding S1 engagement in the technical community, alignment efforts to yield benefits to business and customers.
• 10+ years leading a technology marketing organization.
• Direct experience managing and executing all aspects of marketing in a growth-oriented technology company.
• Deep understanding and experience in high velocity frictionless sales models, where lead to deal close happens within 90 days.
• Hands on experience with online marketing and e-commerce business models.
• Comfortable with data analysis and data driven decision making.
• Embraces an attribution KPI/metrics oriented approach to marketing
• Broad and deep understanding of technology sales processes and models, including direct sales and partner channel sales.
• Experience working directly with sales teams to understand the sales process and develop marketing programs to accelerate revenue growth.
• Ability to inspire and empower teams to perform at exceptional levels – both internally and within a larger organization.
• Demonstrated experience with budget planning and oversight/management.
• Experience successfully managing marketing automation systems—including inbound marketing, email campaigns, SEO and social media—to meet corporate objectives.
• Familiarity with technology market, including broad trends, opportunities and challenges and opportunities for growing ISVs, SaaS providers and channel partners.
• Ability to model creative, collaborative, problem-solving behavior.
• Demonstrated success in rallying cross-functional teams, collaborating with corporate leaders to meet common objectives and delivering on personal and departmental objectives.
• Experience successfully representing a technical company in capacities ranging from industry events and trade shows to investor meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, MBA preferred.
SentryOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer