POS Nation provides point of sale software to retailers and restaurants across the country. We bundle our software, hardware and services to create customized solutions to meet a range of business needs.
Even after helping over 6,000 customers, we embrace our small business roots and we very much operate with a start-up mentality. Working for a small business is a great experience, but frankly not for everyone. Each employee has an opportunity to make a significant impact on the business and grow with the company. If you’re interested in getting in on the ground floor and putting in the work, then keep reading.
We are seeking senior and junior sales representatives as well as sales assistants. While we expect senior reps to have at least three years of sales experience, the junior sales position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in sales or for someone looking to develop and refine their salesmanship. Sales assistants support the sales team and have an opportunity to work part-time hours or even from home.
Both senior and junior sales representatives are responsible for guiding potential customers through a consultative sales process and work directly with business owners and operators to help address each customer’s point of sale needs. Successful sales reps identify and understand each prospect’s unique business challenges and then design and present a solution to address these concerns. Sales representatives are POS Nation’s first point of contact for prospects and subsequently, reps must demonstrate a deep understanding of the company’s products and how these products will help customers grow their business. Sales representatives maintain customer relationships after the sale and have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of business.
Sales representatives respond to internally generated leads and make outbound sales calls to warm leads. The role does not entail cold calling. Reps are responsible for all stages of the sales cycle including initial contact, nurturing, quoting, product demonstrating, closing and account management.
Junior sales reps work in tandem with senior sales reps and are responsible for the first half of the sales process. Junior reps assist with establishing initial contact with leads, providing information about our company and our products and connecting leads with senior sales reps for software demos and final negotiations. High-performing junior sales reps will have an opportunity for promotion to the senior sales position.
Sales assistants support POS Nation’s outbound calling efforts and help make initial contacts with leads.
Our ideal candidate:
• Senior sales reps will have 3 years of experience or junior sales reps with a willingness to learn.
• Analyzes customer needs and determines the best solution for their business.
• Develops and fosters customer relationships.
• Closes deals.
• Is a self-learner not afraid to dive into learning about new products and solutions.
• Aggressively calls out to leads and prospects in a fast-paced environment.
• Stays late when necessary to get the job done.
• Expects to earn his/her keep and not just show up and get by.
• Wants to work for a small business and grow with the company.
• Likes to listen to music while working.
• College education is preferred.
• Compensation will range depending on performance.
• Sales representatives need to accept the responsibility and challenge of controlling their own destiny.
• Compensation for senior reps is more heavily commission weighted.
• Compensation for junior reps is primarily salary based, although they also earn commission.
• Commission is uncapped.
• New South End office space with modern, open work environment, minutes from multiple bars and restaurants.
• Charlotte Knights games, Friday Lunch Adventures, bowling nights, Annual Chili Cook-off, complementary entry to Office March Madness Pool.
• Merit- and performance-based incentives and promotions.
• We’re firm believers in on-the-job training, so whether you’re new to sales or a sales veteran, you’ll have an opportunity to learn, grow and refine your selling skills.
Email your resume to email@example.com. Include the following in the subject line of your email: [Your Name] – Sales Candidate Charlotte Agenda – [Senior/Junior/Assistant]. Although a cover letter is not required, you’ll get bonus points for sending us a well written letter. Candidates are being reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Anyone looking to set themselves apart, feel free to call our sales department and give us your 2-minute pitch as to ‘why you’ instead of sending in a cover letter. Call 877.727.3548, Option 1 and tell us your calling about the Sales Representative position posted on Charlotte Agenda.