Benefit Services Administrative Assistant
The Employers Association is an HR Tools, Advice and Training company that serves companies in the greater Charlotte area. We have over 950 member companies ranging in size from small, family owned businesses to large corporations. Our team of experts help those companies manage, develop and retain their most important asset, their people. We were founded in 1958 to serve the HR needs of businesses. We are a full-service company that delivers HR advice and services, computer and management training and benefits administration. Compensation is competitive and the benefits and work environment are exceptional.
The Benefits Administrative Assistant supports the Benefits Administration team in tasks relating to COBRA, Flexible Spending, Health Reimbursement and Health Savings accounts.
• Provides general administrative support to the department.
• Researches and answers daily questions from employees/participants regarding Flexible Spending Accounts and COBRA Accounts by phone or email by the end of business day or forwards inquiries to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
• Assists in general account management duties such as completion of new company setup, ACH changes, adjudication of point of sale transactions, enrollments, etc.
• Completes scanning and logging of all necessary COBRA and FSA documents.
• Manages the department e-filing for both COBRA and FSA.
• Enters COBRA payments into the HRIS and identifies any conflicting records that need to be analyzed.
• Assists in the weekly preparation of the Department of Labor COBRA letters.
• Assists in the preparation and timely delivery of benefit fairs/open enrollment meeting materials.
• Completes and mails new client Administration Manuals in a timely manner.
• May serve as part of a front desk receptionist rotation – answer phones, handle incoming mail, etc.
• Must have previous benefits experience (COBRA, FSA, HRA or HSA).
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Work well is a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team.
• Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school, plus 6 months related experience in a business setting or minimum 2 years related experience in a business setting.
What’s great about The Employers Association?
• We are a small company and have the ability to help you grow in your field and get your hands on a lot of areas relating to business development and account management.
• We look for people who are team players willing to get their job done but also pitch in to help wherever needed. Interpersonal skills, dependability, creativity and a great attitude are as important as design skills in this position.
Email resume and cover letter to Millie Aponte at firstname.lastname@example.org.