Feel like you’re in an Uptown dining rut? Same. Luckily, FEAST Food Tours has a pretty awesome solution.
Their “Chef-Driven Dining in Uptown” tour not only allows you to dine at five local upscale Uptown restaurants, but you’ll also experience a cooking demo with each chef and enjoy delicious bites and drinks along the way.
Since 2015, the Chef-Driven Dining in Uptown tour has been one of the best selling options for FEAST Food Tours owner Kristi Martin. She recommends booking 2-4 weeks in advance (at the time of this article, this tour was sold out through most of March).
“At FEAST, we strive to provide a fun, educational, entertaining, and enlightening experience,” Kristi says. “That enlightenment can come in the form of finding a new neighborhood, a new restaurant or bar, new flavor, new ingredient, or discovering something new about yourself through the experience.”
How does FEAST Food Tours work?
The Uptown tour isn’t their only one. View their calendar of tours. Tours typically take place on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
Five of the tours only cost $60 per person and the Uptown tour runs $80 per person. The tours take about 3 hours and transportation is provided when necessary.
With only about 12 guests per tour, Feast Food Tours sell out quickly, so you’ll need to book well in advance.
Private tours are also available upon request and can be customized based on your group’s interest.
Restaurants are subject to change, but here’s the current restaurant list for each of their 6 tour options.
“A food tour may help you explore a whole new neighborhood – we have guests from Ballantyne & SouthPark that do not typically venture to NoDa or Plaza Midwood,” said Kristi.
- Chef-Driven Dining in Uptown Food Tour: The Asbury, Evoke, Loft & Cellar, Mimosa Grill and Rooster’s
- Dishes & Delights of Dilworth Food Tour: Babalu, Fern, Foxcroft Wine, JJ’s Red Hots, Pour Olive Oil and Duck Donuts.
- Old Favorites, New Flavors Plaza Midwood Food Tour: Coaltrane’s, Diamond, Dish, Pizza Peel, Legion brewing and Fu Man Chu Cup Cakes
- Local Flavors of Historic NoDa Food Tour: Davidson Street Public, Sabor, The Red House Cafe, Heist brewery, NoDa Company Store and Salud.
- Soul of the South Uptown Food Tour: Assorted Table Wine Shoppe, The King’s Kitchen, McNinch House, Orrman’s Cheese Shop, Ri Ra and Sea Level
- Unwind & Dine in Historic South End Food Tour: Bonterra, Leroy Fox, Savory Spice, Sycamore Brewing, Tin Kitchen and Vin Master