Personal Trainer is responsible for evaluating clients to them provide customized fitness programs that include education and guidance on proper basic nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training and other programs to help the member achieve their fitness goals. Availability to accommodate appointments from 6:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 3 p.m.-8 p.m. preferred.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Evaluate clients to establish baseline measurements and understand limitations, general health and personal goals. Continual evaluations should assess improvement since last evaluation at least every 4 to 8 weeks. Document all evaluations.
• Develop an individual exercise program consistent with the members’ personal fitness and exercise goals that is safe and appropriate to their limitations.
• Educate and assist members on exercise equipment, physical fitness and realistic physical expectations.
• Continually monitor and assist members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
• Re-rack all weights and continually monitor facility to maintain a neat, organized and clean club.
• Must follow Carmel current policies and procedures for tracking sessions and payroll submittal.
• Promoting only company approved nutrition services/vendors and supplements.
• Attend training meetings.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Must be able to adjust and operate gym equipment.
• Exhibit a superior sense of customer service at all times.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and work ethic.
• Willingness to work flexible hours.
• Current accredited personal training certification or degreed physical therapist, physical therapist assistant or athletic trainer.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience.
• Experience in designing and implementing fitness regimens.
• Current CPR certification.