Database Reporting Analyst
• Create and maintain Microsoft Sharepoint intranet sites, convert/re-engineer intranet sites, applications and reporting mechanisms to current technologies focusing on cloud-based solutions.
• Support Office 365 products.
• Work with external software and network support providers to resolve problems and issues.
• Work with user departments to gather business requirements, provide data mapping specifications, design integration applications and databases, extract-transform-load, data cleansing, job-scheduling, job failure recovery and support.
• Suggest ways to streamline/improve business processes and application integrations with systems such as, but not limited to, AudienceView, Solver BI360, Microsoft Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics, Ariett.
• Proficiently code, test and implement SQL code for various database platforms including, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
• Proficiently code, test and implement custom programming in various languages including, but not limited to, PHP, Visual Basic and C#.
• Design and implement reporting solutions which provide required business functionality for users across the organization.
• Using Microsoft SQL Reporting services, maintain and support current reports which query various SQL databases.
• Work with internal and outside entities to procure and provide data from/to 3rd party systems, including data mapping, extract-transform-load using proven exchange methodologies (including functional acknowledgement and verification), data cleansing, job-scheduling, job failure recovery and support.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Make Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) server changes as required.
• Coordinate support for existing Visual Basic or C# development.
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
• Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Back up network data.
• Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
• Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
• Document network support activities.
• Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
• Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
• Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts and others to understand business or industry requirements.
• Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
• Set up database clusters, backup or recovery processes.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Scrub data by reviewing and confirming accuracy of data to locate and correct problems.
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Confirms project requirements by studying user requirements, conferring with others on project team.
• Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
• Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, participating in technical societies.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Determines changes in physical database by studying project requirements, identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space and access method.
• Changes database system by coding database descriptions.
• Maintains user reference by writing and revising database descriptions to keep documentation current.
Minimum training and experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or other relevant field, supplemented by 3-5 of experience in software development, database design and administration, SQL reporting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.