Senior Consultant of Organizational Design
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Senior Consultant of Organizational Design is integral to the success of the enterprise Talent Management function, ensuring that Lowe’s has the right operating models, structures and capabilities, at the right cost, needed to propel enterprise business growth.
This individual will lead Lowe’s organization design and effectiveness initiatives in the attainment of Lowe’s business and human capital strategy goals. The Senior Consultant of Organizational Design will be responsible for serving as a strategic partner to business leaders, delivering leading-edge consulting services and maturing the company’s organization design methods and tools that can be implemented at the function, initiative and team levels.
• Designing strategy and building organization design capabilities in alignment with Lowe’s business needs and in direct collaboration with the Change Management COE and other HR functions. This includes tailoring organization design methods and tools for merger acquisition-related activities.
• Consulting with leaders on a variety of management and organization effectiveness issues (i.e. operating models, structure, roles and accountabilities), for both current needs and future growth and development.
• Promoting and facilitating the use of proven organization design methods, processes and tools across Lowe’s while educating leaders and HR business partners on them.
• Providing leadership to, coaching and developing the organization design team (direct reports).
This role will have a broad scope of influence over all parts of the organization and must be able to balance internally designed versus vendor supplied solutions, recognize when business partners require the OD team’s involvement and ensure results that contribute to company success.
• Conducts ‘triage’/work intake sessions and records key points to assess and defines organization design priorities for incoming needs/requests for support (imperative, important and interesting).
• Levering deep organization design expertise, conducts evidence-based organization diagnosis/needs assessment/root cause analysis activities, including delivery of a credible impact analysis that establishes priorities for which gaps/problems should be solved first.
• Independently or in consultation with other functional experts (in HR and non-HR functions), develops prioritized recommendations that identify the outcomes, methods and resources required for a successful intervention, along with any dependencies/interdependencies that will need to be accounted for in the work.
• Clarifies an organization’s strategy/priorities and aligns its business operating model, organization structure, decision rights, processes and management systems.
• Drives the execution of organization design work streams by identifying customer and operational needs, analyzing resources, costs and forecasts and incorporates them into business plans (if required), gains cross-functional support for business priorities.
• Researches and leverages industry trends, benchmarks and best practices, providing guidance to executives when difficult decisions need to be made.
• Effectively collaborates with Talent Management team members and HRBPs to achieve goals while promoting a spirit of teamwork and commitment to the timely delivery of exceptional organization design work products.
• Guides large / diverse groups towards outcomes or through conflicts at higher levels of complexity.
• Demonstrated ability to Influence and support senior leaders across the organization on decisions related to alignment of resources, roles and responsibilities that add value to successfully realizing company strategy.
• Collects information about the duties / tasks, as well as, the capabilities (knowledge, skills, abilities) and other personal characteristics individuals must possess in order to be successful in a particular role.
Required education and experience:
• 5-10+ years of experience in Business, Industrial/Org Psychology.
• Master’s Degree in Business or Industrial/Org Psychology.
Occasional day trips, overnight and some international.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.