Director of Preschool Programs
Reporting to the Executive Director, Charlotte Bilingual Preschool’s (CltBP) Director of Preschool Programs oversees the day-to-day operations of CltBP to ensure operations are well-coordinated, productive and effective to facilitate the accelerated execution of and long-term success of our mission: to prepare children for success in school and life by providing superior dual-language early childhood education and by supporting students’ families with the resources and skills they need to enable them to sustain and nurture their children’s educational and emotional development. The Director of Preschool Programs manages CltBP’s operation procedures and ensures the programmatic excellent of both our Preschool Program and Parent Program by directly supervising their Coordinators.
• Works with Executive Director to develop a long-range and short-term plan for operational activities, including plans for the Preschool Program and the Parent Program to ensure they meet CltBP’s mission, vision and values.
• Monitors the day-to-day running of CltBP to ensure smooth progress toward its mission and operational goals and to ensure that CltBP runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
• Supervises the Preschool Program Coordinator and the Parent Program Coordinator and provides them with constructive feedback to ensure efficient and excellent program implementation, to include consistent high quality, evidence-based, age-appropriate program curriculum delivery and integrated programming that serves the whole
child; compliance with licensing/accrediting bodies and maintenance of 5-star rating; innovations based on research, national and local trends and observations; sustained, optimal parent and student enrollment; rigorous program evaluation; positive parent-student-teacher relationships; active engagement and energizing of volunteers and partnering
organizations to enhance programs.
• Creatively recruits, leads, coaches, develops and retains CltBP’s Program staff.
• Evaluates regularly the efficiency of operational procedures according to organization’s objectives and applies improvements, revises and/or formulates policies and promotes their implementation.
• Ensures continuous program quality improvement through development and overseeing implementation of rigorous evaluation (gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics) that inform program staff and can be used to
communicate successes/challenges to investors.
• Manages all components of building operations so programmatic equipment, machines, utilities, security and common spaces are well-maintained, clean and available so programs run smoothly during daily operations and for special
• Manages procurement processes, relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors and coordinates material and resources allocation.
• Actively participates in program budget preparation and financial management.
• Constantly monitors the school culture to align with school values, highest productivity and healthy community that attracts quality and investment.
• Deepens all aspects of internal and external communications with the goal of creating a strong identity and school culture.
• Stays abreast of current best practices related to the school’s mission through participation in professional associations, conferences, literature reviews, community meetings.
• Serves on the Board’s Operations Committee.
• Serves on the Administrative Team to advise on strategic issues related to the Parent Program.
• Support development efforts.
• Stand in for the Executive Director as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3-years of experience in administrative leadership and classroom teaching in an early childhood setting.
• In-depth knowledge of diverse Preschool business functions and principles and working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics – NC Early Childhood Administration Credential preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and people skills.
• Mission-driven, team player, self-directed, problem solver.
• Role model for children, parents and staff, advocate for children.
• Culturally dexterous, responsible, visionary.
• Familiarity with MS Office and various business software.
• Adept at Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel and Google Drive.
• Experience in a multicultural environment.
• Proficient in oral and written communication in Spanish and English.
Send an email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls.