Responsible for property accounting for commercial real estate assignments.
This role will assist the Controller with the day-to-day operation of the Property Accounting team. They will be responsible for complete property accounting duties for certain properties and review of other properties, of which duties will include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Assist Controller with supervising the accounting department by reviewing accuracy and timeliness of reporting, answering questions to assist the team, assist with training, mentoring, hiring and development of the accounting team.
• Work with property managers, leasing agents and third-party owners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of all reports and service as it relates to property accounting.
• Monitor bank account balances, record all cash transactions and reconcile bank accounts. Prepare monthly cash funding requests based on owner requirements.
• Ensure mortgage payments are paid timely where applicable.
• Responsible for accurate month-end closing including general ledger review, monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations and financial statement preparation, etc.
• Assist Property Managers with CAM estimates, budgets and reconciliations as needed.
• Ensure quarterly or annual loan reporting is completed for both internal and third party managed properties.
• Follow current procedures and observe to create new procedures as necessary.
• Ability to think through a problem and figure out solutions to accounting issues.
• Assist with accounts receivables and accounts payable processing, including maintaining vendor and W9 information, coding and entering invoices, printing of checks and preparation of 1099s.
• Experience in commercial property management accounting is required, including day to day activities of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and lease administration, management reporting and a solid understanding of CAM and CAM reconciliation procedures.
• Proficiency with either MRI or Yardi property management software system is preferred, not just using the software but ability to troubleshoot. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience with accrual based financials is required.
• Proficiency in Kardin budgeting software is preferred.
• 4 year degree from college or university.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.