Data Management Analyst
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients. We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
• Develop significant level of expertise of the various private real estate and equity investments, terms and transactions of multiple clients/portfolios to provide intuitive and proactive data management oversight.
• Define and develop data quality workflows and metrics identifying gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the enterprise.
• Work with business owners to define and establish data quality governance and validation rules including but not limited to definitions, data owners, system derived logic etc., all in effort to create consistency and data integrity across all organizational strategies.
• Establish and monitor processes/procedures relating to workflows.
• Review, analyze and perform manual and automated integrity checks to proactively detect, correct and prevent data issues.
• Working together with investment teams and back offices to respond to requests for data and/or presentation materials in a timely manner.
• Assist in the requirements gathering, testing, implementation and support of the various core investment applications to efficiently meet the enterprise and business data management and reporting requirements.
• Liaison between the various business units and information technology for development of reports to meet the changing landscape of the organization as well as the various client, consultant and investment mandate requests.
• 3+ years data management and governance experience.
• Comprehension of the private real estate and equity markets.
• Strong analytical and project management skills required including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operation requirements.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in private equity, consulting, investment banking, research or similar fields related to investment management.
• Technical knowledge querying databases using SQL.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other Business-related field strongly preferred.
• A high degree of proficiency with Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Experience in fast paced environments managing multiple, competing priorities.
• Strong presentation capabilities, including verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with high-level executives and investors.
• Demonstrated initiative in problem solving and successful project management.
• Strong time management, organizational, facilitation and collaboration skills.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to learn in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to travel if needed.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.