Development Training Specialist
• Collaborates with subject matter experts to determine training needs and to create and revise curriculum, program materials, job aids, manuals, multimedia visual aids and reference works to meet training needs (this also includes reviewing off-the-shelf products as needed).
• Develops the skills of the organization and clients by using effective training techniques to deliver such programs as, new team member orientation, customer service, computer skills , job readiness skills safety training, management and leadership development and adaptations to changes in policies and procedures.
• Helps line managers, supervisors and divisions (as assigned) solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
• Creates the train-the-trainer process to assure consistency and use of training materials for training delivery.
• Selects or develops testing and assessment tools to evaluate effectiveness of training.
• Actively participates in Divisional Leadership Team meetings when requested.
• As needed, enters training related data into appropriate databases of required and completed training courses.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of external resources and trends to maintain up to date and relevant training content.
• As appropriate, maintains an understanding of referral sources for community support services and employment opportunities, collaborates across GISP to develop and maintain this understanding.
• Maintains library of training materials and resources.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a 4-year college or university in Human Resource Management, Organizational development, Adult Learning, Business or related field and 3 years’ experience developing, coordinating and conducting training.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
• Valid Driver’s License (Class C).
• Car insurance.
• Reliable automobile required.