The marketing manager is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the marketing activities for all corporate and division initiatives at Childress Klein.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Work directly with all divisions in the company and provide coordinated marketing services.
• Establish strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
• Develop and execute marketing programs to achieve stated objectives.
• Develop and maintain a marketing budget.
• Track and report the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
• Negotiate contract terms with outside agencies and vendors.
• Develop and coordinate production of marketing and promotional materials and programs including but not limited to print, electronic media, direct mail and signage.
• Undertake development, production and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
• Monitor and maintain consistent corporate image throughout all marketing and promotional materials and product lines.
• Stay up to date on overall activities of the company and serve as main internal point of contact for media inquires and track organic project coverage.
• Plan, coordinate and track the release of company and project announcements.
• Maintain customer database and approve the use of internal and external mailing lists.
• Create, run and monitor various email campaigns.
• Plan, promote and execute sales meetings and community and goodwill events.
• Provide post event reports and regular status reports on marketing programs.
• Coordinate and manage market research and competitive analysis, utilize knowledge and prepare reports as requested.
• Monitor and update websites and social media.
• Work directly with the ownership of the company and take direction on additional duties.
• Analyze marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
• Manage and develop the corporate brand and all sub brands including brand guidelines, signage, websites, social media, printed materials and marketing plans.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Communications, Marketing or Business Administration preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of traditional marketing work experience along with the current social media expertise, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, ability to write blog posts and update websites.
• Strong, effective communication skills with the ability to thrive in a self managed environment.
• Experience using Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• The ability to quickly learn new software programs.
• Experience with Constant Contact, Hootsuite, SurveyMonkey, are a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to partners, vendors, clients and other divisions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, present a professional image at all times, gain the trust and confidence of others, work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and always project a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and maintain a high degree of confidentiality is required.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables, using a logical thought process.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, write, type, talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will spend a large portion of his/her time at a desk or in meeting rooms, although the employee will also spend time traveling in and around commercial office property and associated grounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, type, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.