The team seeks a smart, dynamic, creative and experienced sales leader with extensive knowledge of the sports sponsorship landscape to help secure new marketing partnerships with leading local, regional, national and international brands that serve as a critical revenue stream for the Charlotte Hornets, Spectrum Center and Greensboro Swarm, collectively Hornets Sports & Entertainment.
The Director of Partnership Sales will play a senior role within the department and collaborate with the team to meet sales goals by consummating new multi-year and fully integrated marketing partnership programs that provide innovative and compelling solutions to the partner’s unique objectives. You will create high value proposals that are customized, relevant, integrated and flexible and serve to change the behaviors and perceptions of the client’s target markets leading to brand awareness, loyalty and advocacy.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Meet/exceed annual revenue goals across all Hornets Sports & Entertainment properties.
• Close new six-figure/seven-figure multi-year partnership deals by following established partnership sales process and system.
• You will understand the nuances and high-reaching dynamics of sponsorship sales and demonstrate the Hornets’ brand differentiation in securing partnerships.
• Collaborate with VP to organize and direct sales strategies to insure maximum efficiency and effective coverage of key categories, market segments and industry sectors.
• Identify potential, creative new streams of sponsorship revenue and strategically cultivate C-Level relationships within defined categories to secure deals.
• You will be partner-focused, conduct a thorough needs analysis and work in partnership with prospects, VP Partnership Sales and various departments within the Hornets organization to successfully shape a prospective deal to fit partner’s unique objectives.
• Exhibit a solution-based approach that maximizes the value proposition and create compelling, innovative sponsorship programs and assets targeted toward specific marketing objectives.
• Convey a sophisticated understanding of research and analytics that express and enhance ROI to partners.
• You will develop and present dynamic sales presentations for new business prospects that incorporates visual storytelling, relevant data, customized research, a clear understanding of the prospective partner’s marketing goals and customized activation solutions that align.
• Ensure efficient and smooth contracting process across all partners by creating, reviewing, editing and negotiating partnership contracts in a timely manner – following through to a fully executed contract.
• Lead successful account transition to activation team on new business closed, ensuring that all elements of the agreement are delivered in a first-class manner in accordance with the philosophy of the franchise and within the provisions of the contractual obligations of the organization.
• In select circumstances, co-op with Partnership Activation team and/or lead identified partner renewal efforts.
• Provide timely and accurate records of sales efforts both to leadership and within CRM system detailing sales activity, sales performance, appointment recaps and prospecting activities.
• Practice and teach excellence in both sales skills/process and customer relationship building practices.
• Use creativity and resourcefulness to identify and/or design new and innovative platforms and programs for team to monetize.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Required skills, experience and abilities:
• Possess consistent track record of selling and fostering sizable, long-term partnerships through a thoughtful, forward-thinking, structured and focused approach to the market.
• College degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field from an accredited college or university (MBA is preferred).
• You will hold and extensive knowledge of current best-in-class sponsorship practices and principles related to the sale, negotiation, implementation and execution of contractual obligations.
• You will have a knowledge of leadership and business principles to lead strategic planning, operations, reporting and budgeting, marketing, employee relations and staffing.
• You will manage multiple and diverse staff members, lead by example, inspire accountability and serve as a mentor to both the sales staff and other less experienced members of the department.
• Ability to apply skills and critical thinking to contribute to the success of organization priorities that may lie outside of the corporate partnership/sponsorship function, use sound judgement and demonstrate good high-level decision-making.
• Possess a high level of personal integrity, strong professional work ethics, desire and willingness to continue to improve personally and professionally.
• Exceptional people skills, participate well in a team environment, communicate well with people at various levels, to include C-Level and be able to develop strong working collaborations, co-workers and other organizations.
• Utilize a high-touch, responsive personal style and communicate in an articulate, open and genuine manner that engenders trust with all constituents.
• Must be an aggressive, self-motivated teammate who has the drive and ability to focus on both team and individual revenue goals, as well as, department and organizational objectives and have the ability to align and prioritize these goals over individual interests.
• Excellent research, organizational, listening, learning, creative, written and verbal communication skills, including strong public speaking and presentation skills.
• Flexibility to work necessary hours including evenings, weekends and holidays for games and events, as needed and occasional travel is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.