We’re LendingTree, the place to shop for loans. We invented online mortgage shopping, and we’re home to America’s largest lender network. From home loans to credit cards, we help people get the best deal on the money they need. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established well-known company, but like to work in a small, dynamic, highly collaborative environment, this is the place for you.
Who you are:
You’re a storyteller. You can captivate an audience with your words. You’re a leader, with a knack for figuring out what resonates with others. You’re intuitive and bright. You challenge the status quo—you don’t like “good enough” copy. Your writing is so great that people not only pay attention, they take action. You’re not afraid of hard work and you know how to manage the creation of rich, content-focused experiences that drive direct response. You’ve chosen to write for a living, so you’re also probably a little bit weird.
What you’ll do:
In this position, you’ll work with other writers, marketing analysts, product managers, designers, and others to produce articles, emails, advertisements, commercial scripts, video ads, education resources, and more. You will be a brand ambassador, and a style arbiter. You’ll need to adapt to the LendingTree voice, then help keep it consistent in copy that spans dozens of channels and mediums.
You’ll own content for the entire organization, ranging significantly in target audiences, subject matter and consumer mindsets. We need someone who can write/produce approachable, consumer friendly emails and landing pages, but also has a STRONG understanding in DR conversion. We need someone who manages content with a mind toward the reader—empathy is always a plus. We want a passionate creator.
Knowledge, requirements and responsibilities:
• You’re the organized type. You’ll work across channels, hopping between teams and tasks—your copy often serving as the connective tissue.
• You have a strong portfolio of engaging content with direct response wins.
• A quantitative approach to writing improvement. Look at the numbers, what was good, what was bad and how do I improve?
• Experience working with, editing, and cultivating freelancers.
• Able to handle multiple projects and work efficiently without sacrificing quality in a deadline-driven environment.
• Understand digital marketing and the differences between channels. You’ll need to know about paid search, email marketing, organic search, social, and video audiences and their motivations.
• Technology and web-savvy. You know some HTML and aren’t afraid of new CMS platforms.
• Help grow and shape the voice of the various brands in the LendingTree family.
• Applicable Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience at a leading online company in an editorial role.
• Obsessive attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact checking, editing skills and flawless grammar.
• Content production experience at scale managing priorities and workflows.
• Passion for writing with a strong sense of voice and tone.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, handling multiple projects at a time.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with marketing and product peers as a key creative partner.
• Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas.
• Although we’re sure your resume is beautifully written, please include a slew of amazing work samples.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.