Do you want to lead a team of fitness professionals to another level? Are you a people maximizer in the fitness community? The Dowd YMCA is looking for a Fitness Experience Coordinator who has a passion for leading others in a fast paced, mission-driven and changing environment.
Charlotte’s busiest YMCA branch is undergoing a major renovation project that will add 40,000 square feet of space to the existing 140,000-square-foot flagship location. The Dowd YMCA is the most visited location of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte’s 19-branch network of gyms.
The Fitness Experience Coordinator will lead a team of front-line staff to ensure the “best-in-class” execution of the YMCA fitness center experience including programming and services. Reporting to the Healthy Living Director and working closely with the branch Member Experience team, this leader will create and lead an ecosystem of innovative health-focused programs and services at the assigned branch. As a member of the branch leadership team, the Fitness Experience Coordinator will create and embrace a diverse and inclusive YMCA community to grow our local impact, activate our global network and multiply our mission.
• Facilitate and oversee the scheduling, management and daily operations of the branch fitness experience, personal training and on-boarding programs.
• Provide effective fitness center activities and wellness programs for adults, teens, children, seniors and special populations that drive growth in membership and program participation.
• Lead, manage and oversee member on-boarding program and experience process.
• Lead and manage personal training program.
• Build a network of program volunteers through effective recruitment, training and stewardship.
• Build and maintain relationships with community and corporate partners with specific focus on off-site fitness programs, community health and corporate wellness.
• Execute branch and regional-wide health and wellness special events and promotions.
• Assist the Director in the creation of annual budgets in assigned areas and manage budgets within established guidelines.
• Assist in the Annual Community Outreach Campaign, as directed.
• Partner with marketing and communications department to ensure effective promotion and visibility of all program areas.
• Lead through the YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith. Model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
• Recruit, train, coach and mentor healthy living team of servant leaders while driving a culture of service.
• Provide indirect guidance and support to the Membership Department to create a cohesive member experience.
• Utilize Association tools and standards in completing and administering performance evaluations and individual development plans.
• Plan and organize staff meetings to ensure consistent communications, directions and accountability.
• Work symbiotically with Healthy Living Director and Member Experience Team to develop, implement and manage operating plans to promote program and membership growth for the YMCA.
• Ensure a culture of inclusion that builds and celebrates diversity within the Y and our community.
• Manage fitness and personal training budgets while demonstrating sound fiscal management skills.
• Ensure safety and maintenance of facilities and equipment to minimize risk to members, participants and the Association.
• Ensure branch and association-wide quality standards are effectively communicated, implemented and maintained.
• Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
• Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
• Supports fund-raising.
• Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
• Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively.
• Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
• Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
• Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
• Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process.
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education and skills:
• 2 college degree in health and/or fitness related field and/or equivalent experience in related field is required.
• Must hold but not limited to an ACE Personal Training certification.
• 2 years experience in a fitness-focused role to include fitness center experience, personal training, group exercise, community health, family fitness or other related programs.
• Demonstrated experience in recruiting, hiring, training and development of volunteers and staff.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• High level of organization demonstrating sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
• Ability to develop short and long term plans.
• Ability to effectively work/interact with diverse populations.
• Computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and database management.
• High ethical standards and possess strong personal and professional integrity.
• Ability to successfully obtain certification in CPR/AED and First Aid.
• Ability to work 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
• Ability to walk, stand and sit while maintaining alertness for extended periods of time.
• Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds in weight.
• Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling and walking.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel as needed.
$14.47-$18.09 per hour.