Under the direction of the Sr. Program Director for High School Initiatives and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the High School Initiatives (HSI) Manager will be responsible for helping to plan, organize, implement and oversee programs within the high school initiatives academics area, providing each participant and family with the opportunity to develop physically, mentally, spiritually and socially. The HSI Manager will provide direction and oversight to staff in carrying out programs and policies in accordance with Association standards.
• Serve as a capable thought partner to the Senior Program Director to develop and maintain a robust high school initiatives model based on Community Impact strategy.
• Meets all program enrollment and data management goals and determines and tracks the outcomes needed to ensure impact on youth development and academic success, including long-term impact on participants and families and branch crossover participation.
• Designs, organizes and leads all calendars, schedules, special events, celebrations and service projects
• Develops, organizes and leads staff development and curriculum trainings.
• Designs, organizes and leads all student experience efforts including but not limited to student recruitment, training, communication, progress monitoring, college tours, internships, job shadowing/world of work.
• Serves as the primary resource for all teachers to assist with lesson planning, instruction and program service delivery.
• Assists the Sr. Program Director in program and staff evaluation.
• Works with Sr. Program Director to support the parent and family engagement model as appropriate.
• Provides administrative support to Sr. Program Director and program staff.
• Works with Community Development Volunteer Coordinator to plan and monitor all high school volunteer experiences.
• Works with the Sr. Director of HSI and the Director of Communications and Partnerships to develop program materials.
• Works with Association Director of Finance and Evaluation to collect and analyze data.
• Attends all required YMCA training related to employment.
• Adheres to all rules, regulations and policies set forth by the YMCA.
• Supports the Christian mission and philosophy of the YMCA and upholds these principles by day-to-day personal example.
• Represents the YMCA and maintains appropriate relationships with area organizations, community leaders and businesses.
• Assists the Sr. Program Director of HSI in all other duties as assigned.
• Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
• Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
• Supports fund-raising.
• Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
• Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively.
• Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
• Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
• Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
• Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process.
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education and skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 1 year teaching experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of program management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
• Understanding of the YMCA, its mission, goals and objectives and how these are essential to the operation of programs.
• Possess a relentless commitment to children with a high sense of urgency to impact their lives in a significant way.
• Evidence of emotional maturity, good moral character, judgment, integrity and leadership capabilities.
• Must be attentive to detail, able to work under pressure of accuracy and deadlines, take initiative to develop efficient and effective systems and controls.
• Capacity to manage systems necessary for data reports and tracking at a high level.
• Must have excellent oral, written communication, report development and presentation skills.
• Willingness to work within a Christian environment so that each student has the opportunity for growth.
• Ability to work independently at a high level, using discretion and problem solving skills.
• Ability to lead and work closely with school site coordinators, YMCA branch teams and volunteers.
• Ability to adapt to change and course correct as new information emerges.
• Successfully complete training and certifications required by the YMCA of Greater Charlotte Quality Standards within the allotted timeframe.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Push, pull and lift up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.
$14.47-$18.09 per hour.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.