By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. We pride ourselves on creating a work environment that facilitates personal growth, inspires innovation and results in the leading payment automation solution for the mid-market. AvidXchange has been named one of Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Place to Work 8 years in a row. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company.
It’s easy to distinguish our employees, AvidXers, from the crowd. An AvidXer is someone who stands out based on their drive and passion. We’re innovators and problem solvers. If we don’t know how to solve a problem we’ll work until we find a solution. AvidXers crave development and love to learn. We’re not satisfied by the status quo. We strive to better ourselves and take on new challenges. AvidXers also know how to balance work and play, from nerf gun battles and ping pong tournaments we live our core values including “Have a Blast!” At the intersection of imagination and innovation you’ll find AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
As a member of the AvidXchange accounting team you will handle core accounting functions. You will be a generalist, mastering increasingly complex accounting concepts, while developing a broad knowledge of Avid’s business. You will have the opportunity to work with bright co-workers across multiple teams on new projects and process improvements. AvidXchange is a place where initiative is valued and no day is ever boring.
As a Senior Accountant you will be a highly visible and integral member of the Accounting Team, heavily involved in the monthly close process, analyzing transactions and determining proper accounting to ensure accuracy of the financial statements, as well as contribute to process improvement and automation opportunities.
We are looking for top rated accounting professionals who have a public accounting background and who have worked in accounting operations in a fast paced, public company. We’re looking for individuals looking to grow their career. AvidXchange values its employees and provides opportunities to grow within the company, as well as grow interpersonal and leadership skills. AvidXchange is committed to providing resources to develop employees and will cover the materials and fees associated with obtaining your CPA license.
• Analyze and account for monthly activity related to high risk and complex areas of the business.
• Perform variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement items.
• Maintain and perform account reconciliations, resolving discrepancies.
• Analyze reserve for appropriateness and calculate adjustments.
• Ensure accuracy of financial statements and adherence with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Formulate and recommend system and process changes through evaluation, analysis of controls and application of GAAP.
• Assist with the annual audit process by providing schedules and responding to inquiries from external auditors.
• Guide accounting and finance staff in improving skills and developing leadership abilities.
Experience and qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end-close process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Public Accounting experience is desired but not a requirement.
• CPA or CPA Candidate.
• Understanding of GAAP, financial statement relationships and external financial reporting.
• Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization.
• Inquisitive nature about how transactions affect the financial statements.
• Accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
• Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Team player.
AvidXchange prides itself on our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid long-term and short-term disability coverage, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401K with matching contribution and a generous PTO package.
This position will be based in on our Music Factory campus in Charlotte NC where you’ll have access to a plethora of onsite amenities including: a gym and yoga studio, onsite Café, 100 seat training room, outdoor basketball court, game room with multiple pool tables, ping pong tables, foosball tables, an Xbox, a PS4 and other gaming equipment. Additional benefits include month-end closing lunches, “Time Out Tuesdays” where AvidXers can socialize with each other and senior leaders taking a “Time Out” from their responsibilities to enjoy snacks, refreshments and music.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.