Associate Director – PE Portfolio Company Oversight
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients. We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
There are 2 Associate Director level positions available for this team. These individuals will be responsible for providing and overseeing all Portfolio Company accounting and finance functions within Barings’ Private Equity business. The ideal candidates will have accounting expertise in a broad set of industries, as well as be highly knowledgeable of operational best practices. Our teams consist of highly skilled CPAs, MBAs and CFAs who are expected to provide accurate, timely and efficient services.
• Perform accounting and finance fiduciary responsibility over firms Private Equity investment.
• Review and in some cases complete purchase accounting for acquired assets.
• Assist in calculation of Portfolio Company watefalls to determine equity ownership.
• Financial statement preparation.
• Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers.
• Prepare and review trial balances.
• Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables.
• Coordinate, manage and monitor external audit process.
• Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to team.
• Implementation of fund structures on accounting system.
• Work closely with investment teams.
• Interact with senior management, portfolio management team and investment analysts.
• Proactively communicate and coordinate with various internal groups.
• Interact daily with P&L team on valuations and price analysis.
• Ad hoc reports as needed.
• 5+ years of accounting experience in industries primarily outside of financial service (Big 4 public accounting preferred).
• Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements.
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals.
• Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA designation preferred).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential, investran experience in a plus.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.