Relationship Manager Development Program
The Relationship Manager Development Program is an 12 month development program designed to equip candidates with foundational knowledge and commercial bank-specific sales skills. Successful candidates will assume the role of Relationship Manager upon completion of the program.
The program utilizes knowledge/activity based training modules, national and local leader/peer coaching and a structured rotational program to teach the fundamentals of credit, treasury and other operational services offered by the bank.
Things you will do:
• Incumbents are expected to begin to build a book of business from the onset.
• Act as trusted advisor for Middle Market commercial clients, identify opportunities and recommend integrated solutions that encompass multiple products and services as needed, new client acquisition is a critical job responsibility.
• Develop in-depth understanding of clients’ corporation, organization and the related industry, it’s strategy and needs, be responsive to changes in the business environment or client needs.
• Proactively leverage ideas, insight and relationships to generate new and incremental business for Bank of America.
• Effectively manage a book of relationships and act as relationship lead accountable for the client’s experience.
• Be a strong advocate for your client.
• Leverage Credit and Treasury specialists and other expert resources to ensure the integrated delivery of credit and financial solutions within the Risk & Compliance framework.
• Design and implement marketing strategies that will maximize the profitability of each client.
• Build relationships with internal and external sales referral partners.
• Complete all local and national training programs associated with the Relationship Manager Development Program.
• Motivate and influence client team members appropriately; collaborate in their on-boarding, coaching and development.
• Previous experience in sales, consulting, financial services or business development required (10+ years).
• Experience in credit/lending and corporate sales a plus.
• Locally based business network preferred.
• Series 7, 63 required within 180 days.
• Bachelors degree required, MBA or Masters degree a plus.
• Education or experience in finance and accounting. Commercial Credit experience a plus.
• Excellent business development skills and analytical skills.
• Strong business or corporate financial acumen.
• Ability to read and interpret both audited and unaudited company financial statements.
• Strong interpersonal and influence/partnership skills.
• Must excel connecting enterprise resources.
• Demonstrates personal resilience and a commitment to continuous learning.
• Conveys confident executive presence.