Sr. Financial Analyst
The Enterprise Credit Data Allowance & Reporting team is part of the Enterprise Risk organization with a dotted line in to Finance. The primary focus of our team is determining, recording and reporting on the allowance as well as credit reporting and analysis. Our business partners include LOB Risk, LOB Finance and other departments in Enterprise Credit Risk. Key priorities for our team are enhancing capabilities in risk data, metrics and portfolio management, maturing the risk culture and efficiently and effectively executing financial processes such as quarter end close, baseline forecasting and Enterprise Stress Testing deliverables.
The teammate in this role is responsible for supporting the various products (such as Consumer Real Estate, Credit Card and Other Consumer) within the consumer portfolio in provision/allowance/credit quality metrics, consumer specific analysis and external disclosures and quarter end specific analysis including earnings, 10Q/10K, as wells as Board, Investor Relations and External reporting. Generally, the work routine follows the corporate planning and EST calendar. As part of the responsibilities of the role, the teammate will develop business partner relationships with Risk and Finance, Enterprise Credit Risk and other ECDAR teammates. Throughout the tenure of the role, the teammate should gain an Enterprise view of the company as well as knowledge of the consumer line of business and develop or improve the following skills: in depth understanding of allowance and provision and operational leadership skills.
• Responsible for more complex finance activities involving implementation of strategic plans, profitability analysis, forecasting and financial reporting for a business unit or associate area.
• Supports achievement of business goals by working on more complex activities or projects with others within the unit and with partners.
• Leads projects and coordinates resources.
• May provide supervision to a small staff.
• Can manage partner relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree, in accounting, finance or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of accounting or financial analysis work experience.
• Strong communication, organization, presentation, analytical and leadership skills.
• Analytical abilities/financial acumen.
• Systematic application of a combination of inductive and deductive reasoning to examine information, interpret results and arrive at well-founded logical conclusions.
• Understanding of accounting (debits/credits).
• Builds broad-based business relationships across the organization.
• Skillfully influences peers and colleagues to promote and sell ideas.
• Proactively surfaces and resolves conflict with minimal noise.
• Advanced excel skills.
• Strong business acumen.
• Knowledge of eLedger a plus.
• Financial planning, analysis and reporting experience.
• Project experience.
• In depth understanding of cost allocations.
• Strong business and financial acumen.