Husqvarna Group is a global leading producer of outdoor power products for forest, park and garden care
Our products include chainsaws, trimmers, robotic lawn mowers and ride-on lawn mowers. The Group is also the European leader in garden watering products and a global leader in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries.
The Group’s products and solutions are sold under brands including Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch, Poulan Pro, Weed Eater, Flymo, Zenoah and Diamant Boart via dealers and retailers to consumers and professionals in more than 100 countries. Net sales in 2016 amounted to SEK 36 billion and the Group has more than 13,000 employees in 40 countries.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for various marketing and administrative activities related to the business marketing plan for North America. Assist as required in general marketing duties for company events and initiatives. The individual will be assisting and coordinating all major Automower and Battery projects and initiatives. Additional responsibilities include coordinating marketing intelligence support, competitive analysis and event planning (dealer support, general sales promotions, sales meetings etc). This position is apart of the The Marketing Department which is responsible for the marketing, sales retention and growth, profitability and P&L of the channel.
• Maintain, schedule and prioritize all aspects of the corporate and trade event calendar.
• Provide support in the launch and communication of new products related to either Battery and/or Automower and to Husqvarna Sales and Marketing team and to the Customer Channels.
• Develop Automower, consumer and dealer, collateral and materials as well as battery collateral and materials (Brochures, POP, Displays etc.). Other projects may be required and directed by Brand Manager.
• Responsible for all logistics and planning for any events directly related to either Automower and/or Battery. Would assist in the overall event execution when required or as directed by the Brand Manager.
• Support the coordinated efforts of all sales teams to ensure superior execution of any Automower and/or Battery events within the channel of distribution.
• Responsible for creating POs and tracking invoices for all marketing department expenses.
• Contribute to the development and subsequent execution of short and long range strategic plans – the plan should include situational analysis, business performance analysis, strategic objectives, tactical plans, critical success factors, as well as budgeting.
• Communication role – the position requires superior communication itself as well as the coordination of communication between functions and within functions at Husqvarna and between Husqvarna and the channel of distribution itself. Equally important is the monitoring, follow-up and the establishment of credible feedback loops to ensure that vital processes and communications are working.
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
• Minimum of three to four years of marketing experience.
• Project management and/or experience in managing 3rd party agencies
• Computer proficiency for Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project and Outlook.
Skills and capabilities:
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational strengths are paramount.
• An ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced organization.
• Demonstrate knowledge/experience with key marketing mix channels including advertising, online marketing, email marketing, direct mail, public relations, events and promotions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong time management skills, complete assignments within specified time frame.
• The ability to collaborate with key team leaders in sales, product and marketing management on key account presentation.
• Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to manipulate, synthesize and summarize large amounts of data into meaningful content.
• Demonstrated consumer focus and a genuine interest for outdoor power equipment products.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including a proven ability to work cross-functionally (including internationally) in a complex organization.
• Effective communication and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify and communicate and translate technical information to a consumer level.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to adapt to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize work as necessary.
• Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends
• Ability to travel occasionally (up to 20%) to domestic and international locations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary company information.