Marketing & Events Manager
A Marketing & Events Manager is responsible for the promotion and sale of venue spaces along with food and beverage
offerings as well as the development and implementation of effective branding, marketing, advertising, public relations,
digital and promotional strategies.
• Work closely with venue management and corporate team to create and maintain highly effective marketing
campaigns and promotions whilst maintaining brand image and yearly budget.
• Assist in developing and creating annual marketing and PR plans (with monthly metric tracking).
• Conduct market research within loyal customer base as well as performing competitive analysis of market
• Create and track quarterly goals to measure the success of venue(s) marketing and PR plan while maintaining
flexibility and creativity should annual plans need to be amended based on market trend assessments.
• Provide content for venue’s comprehensive social media coverage to Social Media Manager.
• Create informative content for venue website and digital e-blasts – including landing pages for current and
seasonal promotions and consistent monitoring of venue hours, menus, etc.
• Work with operations team and help monitor online reputation management.
• Coordinate the development, printing and distribution of marketing collateral.
• Maintain master database and strategize creative ways to communicate with guests.
• Coordinate all sales for specified venue.
• Maintain fiscal responsibility for budgeted goals.
• Negotiate terms with clients, write contracts and create BEOs under department’s National parameters.
• Research markets to identify opportunities for events (cold calls).
• Attend weekly offsite networking events for solicitation of new business.
• Host weekly on site networking events for maintenance of current relationships and development of new
relationships (with a marketing focus as well).
• Solicit specific market segment targets for cold calling, visits, etc to create relationships and generate revenue.
• Solicit both promotional and corporate paid events.
• Arrange and be present for site visits with clients.
• Assist and oversee day of event setup and logistics and venue Managers.
• Greet client at start of event and oversee operation of events to completion.
• Liaison with venue management to ensure proper event execution during events.
• Create BEO Packets that are distributed and reviewed at the Weekly Manager Meeting.
• Participate in the development, creation, organization and execution of in-house promotional events.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Marketing/Event Sales, Marketing, PR or Communications experience a plus.
• Hospitality/food-related experience preferred.
• Enthusiastic, organized and responsible.
• Experience and willingness to learn and teach others.
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Ordyx a plus.
• Able to multi task and able to remain calm in the face of adversity and high stress environments.
• Very well organized with the ability to set and meet deadlines.