UNYQ is an emerging technology company based in San Francisco, Charlotte and Seville. In partnership with clinical and industry thought leaders, we will empower UNYQers with inclusive design, disrupt prosthetics and orthopedic bracing with mass customization, deliver connected, value-based outcomes and achieve our profitable growth objectives.
Reporting to the VP Business Development, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing and providing strategic guidance to the operations team. The Operations Manager ensures that the company’s production, warehouse and supply chain activities run smoothly. The Operations Manager role requires extensive know how and hands on experience running and operating Rapid Prototyping Technologies, such as SLS solid modeling. This position requires a full understanding planning, pricing and building complex parts using the SLS technologies. This position will oversee materials planning, purchasing, inventory, manufacturing, shipping, receiving and facilities services. Targeting specific areas for improvement, the Operations Manager sets and monitors key performance metrics, processes and parameters to judge operational efficiency and effectiveness in accordance with corporate goals.
• Establish and maintain 3D Printing production operations.
• Establish and maintain assembly operations.
• Handle and direct supply chain processes.
• Understand customer requirements to properly delivering the product exactly as specified.
• Ensure that the corporate operational financial objectives and key performance metrics are set and met.
• Provides benchmarking support, build orientation and build time and material estimates.
• Track operations key performance indicators including quality, service, safety and cost and share status with department and management team.
• Establish and manage vendor relationships and contractual obligations.
• Find new means to reduce cost and legitimately increase profit.
• Develop and implement long term goals in order to ensure efficiency.
• Build and maintain good relationships with the entire team, communicate the company, department and employee objectives and provide personal development and work-related performance feedback when needed.
• Work closely with all departments to support and strengthen their objectives.
• Manage and mentor subordinates in the department and provide guidance to other team members and staff.
• Oversee all warehouse and production activities, ensuring on-time delivery to customers.
• Develop and manage systems, policies and procedures to standardize and enhance quality and operational efficiency throughout the organization and supply chain.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corporate operational goals, strategic initiatives, objectives, policies and priorities.
• Develop, manage and monitor department budget.
• Develops and adheres to the annual production budget in accordance with corporate forecast and inventory objectives.
• Participates in new product development and planning.
• Provide leadership for all activities pertaining to supply chain operations, the development, short and long-term improvement and maintenance of facilities, including routine maintenance and operations, construction and renovations, capital planning and improvement projects, utilities, housekeeping services, transportation services, safety, security and sustainability.
• Oversees purchasing, planning and procurement, seek and maximize cost-improvement opportunities, ensure efficient and streamlined processes and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with quality and regulatory requirements.
• Oversees and manages risk and continuous quality improvement in department.
• Determines needs and oversee performance of a wide range of administrative and technical assignments associated with supply chain operations and facilities.
• Effectively supervise, evaluate and direct the work of the Operations team in line with corporate goals.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures including all appropriate approvals and instructions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, materials science or related field.
• 4 years experience in rapid prototyping or SLS solid model and manufacturing experience.
• Operations Management, supply chain and/or inventory control management experience.
• Experience with ERP systems.
• Experience with ISO 13485 a plus.
• An acute sense of Business management and administration.
• Strong strategic skills to be able to make the project cost effective.
• Excellent organizational, scheduling and planning skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Strong work ethic and understanding of safety in the workplace.
• A strong and dedicated understanding towards customer needs and basic requisites.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.