Visual Content Manager
The Visual Content Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, production and distribution of visual content needed to support marketing initiatives across all brands. This includes content for retail partners, brand websites, print collateral and all other visual content needs. The focus of this role is to match the consumer needs of content expectations and consumption in an increasingly digital world.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Determine strategy for what types of visual assets are needed to best accomplish the goal of the consumer interaction. This requires a deep understanding of the evolving spectrum of content types (e.g. videos, static images) and depth (e.g. 360 videos) that is consumed, preferred and that ultimately drives decisions of consumers.
• Optimize and shepherd process of content creation through distribution. This includes content production planning, vendor collaboration, shot list creation, budgeting, production execution and distribution.
• Drive the financial optimization of content production, including how assets are created (photo shoot vs. CGI modeling), where assets are created (vendor location vs. in-house) and who executes production (partner vs. in-house).
• Oversee and optimize the storage and tagging of assets in DAM to ensure proper use, as well as administering access to the tool.
• Track and analyze DAM usage to determine asset usage and provide recommendations on future asset creation based on data.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing communications, brand marketing or PR.
• Experience creating shot lists and scheduling and executing photo/video shoots with external vendors.
• Expertise and heavy usage of DAM software, including administration.
• Understanding of consumer behavior and trends as it relates to content (mainly videos and photo) consumption and types of content in order to best relay different points/messages.
• Experiencing managing production budget and accurately forecasting and tracking monies across multiple external vendors.
• Experience with managing or directly involved in CGI creation and computer modeling of imagery, including process and file formats..
Required knowledge skills and abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization, including top level management, is required.
• Must have a client service mentality.
• Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, perform in a fast paced environment and maintain a high level of detail and accuracy.
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• A high degree of organization is a must.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and effectively partner and motivate across functions and with outside partners.
• Possess a high level of motivation with a strong drive for results.
• A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
• Positive energy and ability to solve problems through uncertainty while maintaining proper communication.