Barings is a $275+ billion global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and uncompromising service. A member of the MassMutual Financial Group, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 600 investment professionals and offices in 17 countries.
Barings Real Estate Advisers, is a part of Barings, one of the largest global real estate investment managers. Barings Real Estate Advisers provides core and value-added investment and advisory services, including a comprehensive suite of private and public real estate debt, equity and securities expertise and services, to institutional and other qualified investors around the globe. Barings is registered as an Investment Adviser with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
Barings Real Estate Advisers seeks to attract talented individuals to join the team, believing every employee has an integral role in aligning our interests with those of our clients. Barings Real Estate Advisers utilizes a competitive compensation structure of base pay, merit and incentive bonus to reward all employees who contribute to the Firm’s overall success. Our benefits package is extremely competitive and is available to new employees on their first day of employment. Highlights include health benefits, insurance coverage, 401(k)/Thrift Plan, Pension Plan, tuition reimbursement and up to 19 vacation days a year. This position can be located in the Firm’s Boston, New York or Charlotte offices.
• Responsible for the investment performance, reporting and strategic direction for an assigned investment real estate portfolio which may include industrial, office, multifamily, retail and joint venture investments.
• Maximize investment value by managing income, cash flow and long term property strategy, all within the framework of the overall portfolio strategy and objectives.
• Authority to enter into contracts for the properties assigned, such as leasing and management agreements, this would include selection, negotiation, oversight and termination.
• Responsible for the oversight of leasing across the portfolio, including analyzing the value added by each lease and ultimately the execution of approved leases.
• Ensure that performance and investment objectives of assets are met.
• Participate in acquisition process and due diligence for new investments.
• Manage lease-up of new and existing assets with brokerage community and property managers.
• Responsible for successful and timely execution of disposition of assets per the portfolio requirements.
• Identify prospective operational problems that could adversely affect investment values and recommend and implement successful solutions.
• Compose and review annual property budgets and management plans. Present to portfolio managers and senior management team on an annual basis.
• Review and analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements for each property.
• Perform quarterly and annual reporting requirements for properties.
• Prepare quarterly valuations for all properties.
• Monitor and approve the release of capital expenditure funds for capital improvements and escrow.
• 5-8 years experience as an Asset Manager or have at least 10 years of relevant commercial real estate industry experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance required.
• MBA is strongly preferred.
• Preferably has specific real estate investment experience with property in selected regions.
• Knowledge of financial modeling and analysis programs (ARGUS, Excel, etc).
• Clearly articulate the strategic implications of a variety of financial and operational models as developed.
• Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
• Ability to interact with members of senior management, executives and line staff in a positive manner.
• Sophisticated financial skills and capital markets perspective.
• Ability to work with (and potentially restructure) joint venture investments to achieve Barings’ investment requirements.
• Exceptional quantitative underwriting skills.
• Ability to influence others and win support on critical issues.
• Must have strong client-service focus.
• Must possess a high standard of professionalism and integrity.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines.
• Ability to make key recommendations and decisions.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, proven presentation skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel overnight.
Barings LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.