Digital Marketing Manager (HIRED)
The Digital Marketing Manager will manage the daily content needs, digital assets, performance, and data associated with Sonic Automotive’ s retail dealerships websites. The Digital Marketing Manager will work closely with the following.
• Internal and external digital channel managers (e.g. Social, CRM, Search) to optimize the use of each channel to define and drive success at a local and national level.
• Creative teams (e.g. outside marketing agencies, internal brand developers, etc) to execute on brand and campaign visions at scale.
• Leadership teams to set and measure retail website goals, sales, budget expectations and overall digital marketing strategy.
• Manage and measure an external team that executes on company digital marketing strategy. Provide direction for optimization and areas of improvement to meet individual dealership goals.
• Devising and implementing sustainable strategies to drive incremental growth in quality traffic to dealership websites.
• Tracking site and page level analytics data and recommending/making improvements to content and strategy based on data insights.
• Developing, managing and delivering multi-channel digital marketing campaigns across the portfolio.
• Utilize a range of techniques including content marketing, paid search, organic search and other digital actions to drive conversions.
• Coordinating and aligning all digital media strategies toward defined goals.
• Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
• Managing the ongoing development of the Sonic retail websites capabilities into other business applications.
• Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of all retail websites.
• Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of various external partners.
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data and managing campaigns based on the insights.
• Reviewing new technologies and keeping the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
• Creating, measuring and reporting on all key metrics associated with owned digital marketing campaigns.
• Thought leadership with business technology to define and build an actionable platform for holistic view of dealer operations across entire spectrum of advertising, marketing and traffic management.
• Monthly performance reporting to leadership, including data driven recommendations for improvement/change.
Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
• Bachelor degree or higher in Marketing, Data Science, Communications, Statistics or other relevant field.
• Association with automotive retailing.
• 7 years of digital marketing experience.
• Prior experience with search marketing strategies and and technology, such as Webmaster Tools, Ahrefs, etc.
• Previous experience managing external partners toward a defined common goal.
• Certifications with the major search engine products such as Google Analytics, Adwords, GTM, Bing Ads, etc.
• Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practices.
• Experience in e-commerce solutions, email marketing, social media and user experience development.
• Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.