Top Micro-farm pick:
- City: Concord, NC (Cabarrus County)
- Specs: Historic (circa 1890) main house is 4 beds, 3 baths, 2,600 sq. ft. Guest house is 2 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,730 sq. ft. Property is 7.25 acres. This property receives top pick for having the best overall house and land combo.
- Noted: Listing mentions the “goats and chickens are optional to keep,” and the photos of them are extremely cute.
- Listing: This property is for sale by owner.
From the listing: “Goats and chickens are optional to keep.”
- City: Vale, NC (Lincoln County)
- Specs: Historic (circa 1890) house is 3 beds, 3 baths, 2,605 sq. ft. Property is 55 acres.
- Noted: Acres of blueberries, fruit and nut trees, most irrigated; 2 pastures for goats and a milking shed; the 9 outbuildings include a chapel.
- Listing: Marsha Jordan, Apple Realty (of Lincolnton, Inc), has the listing, (704) 736-9559
Outbuildings include the goat barn, milking shed, and this chapel
- City: Charlotte, 28216
- Specs: 3 beds,3 baths,2,942 sq. ft., 16.6 acres, 4 gated pastures, 40×40 barn.
- Noted: Property has boulders, therapy pool and sauna.
- Listing: Michelle Andrews, Bee Home Solutions, has the listing, (704) 885-0488
From the listing: “Dream of your own farm within minutes of Charlotte? Family compound? Gardens? Horses? Llamas? Sheep?”
- City: Monroe, NC (Union County)
- Specs: 1920s farmhouse has 3 beds, 2 baths, 1,560 sq. ft., 5 acres.
- Noted: 3 pastures, 4 barns/sheds, fruit and nut trees
- Listing: Fairy Boyce, Keller Williams Union County, has the listing, (704) 684-1000.
From the listing: “This is truly a unique piece of Union County history. Bring your horses, livestock and pets!”