Passport transforms the way cities manage their operations. The fintech company’s mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities and private operators around the world in cities including Chicago, Toronto, London and Miami, across more than 5,000 locations. Passport’s product lines – parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement and permit management – enable organizations in the public and private sectors to streamline their operations, enhance customer service and make data-driven decisions. Consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and Best Places to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport has an ingrained practice of putting People First – a guiding principle in its culture.
Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Media.
The Vice President of Product Management is core to driving ambitious growth goals for Passport. This leader is responsible for full product lifecycle management across all of Passport’s solutions, including parking, transit, enforcement and tolling. Leading a team of directors and product managers and reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this Vice President of Product Management will collaborate across teams to bring Passport’s product vision from concept to reality. Of the unlimited number of things we could do with our time, energy and expertise, the VP of Product Management works across teams to decide what we should do in order to maximize value to the organization.
• Lead, coach and inspire a team of product directors and product managers to champion strong product strategy and deliver outstanding business results.
• Deliver product roadmap and metrics necessary to deliver Passport’s financial plan, reporting out regularly on performance drivers of each business line from a product perspective.
• Maintain the forecast for and read out regularly on, the bottoms-up forecast for each product line.
• Effectively prioritize initiatives for implementation based on sound consideration of value, cost and risk. Let data be your guide.
• Partner with Sales and Client Success leaders to ensure that market feedback received from clients is proactively incorporated into the product strategy
• Lead product teams in creating, managing and communicating product roadmaps aligned Passport’s business strategy.
• Assure that Engineering receives requirements and specifications necessary to deliver all roadmap initiatives.
• Develop offers, standard pricing, supporting materials including training and legal forms, for each product or service in the Passport portfolio.
• Own Product Management processes that fit our business today and the evolve them to fit our business tomorrow.
• Work with leadership in Engineering to continually improve the processes by which we collaborate to deliver fastest time-to-value in all product lines in sustainably scalable ways.
• Plan for growth, extensibility and scalability in all product areas.
• Resolve competing priorities for resources in ways that support our team members, while generating the highest return on investment for the company.
• In close coordination with the CPO, CRO and CTO, consider all market signals and distill Passport’s near-term and long-term vision for each product line into actionable components and effectively communicate this to the organization.
• Understand Passport’s position relative to competitors in each product line vertical and identify new growth opportunities.
• Get out in the field with our clients and end users to understand their challenges first hand.
• Source, negotiate and manage product-related provider relationships.
• Manage the team’s contributions to Passport’s intellectual property portfolio.
Who you are:
• You are a builder of teams, both within your organization and in the relationships that are formed across departments.
• You know how to get the best out of your people without micromanaging. You set a professional example of excellence that others aspire toward.
• You recognize, encourage and help develop the talents of your team members and inspire greatness.
• You’re not just passionate about your work, but also about your professional craft.
• You take genuine pride in the output of your team, yet have little interest in taking credit for it personally.
• Beyond doing your job well, you also improve the way we do it as a company, always striving for better.
• You are a perpetual student and lifelong learner, always proactively improving and taking in new ideas.
• With a broad base of knowledge across many disciplines, including business, technology and creative fields, you are especially adept at connecting dots quickly and identifying opportunities and issues early on and assessing the potential implications better than most.
• You are a planner, a coordinator and an excellent communicator.
• 10+ years of product management experience in a high growth business.
• 5+ years of team management experience.
• Experience delivering scalable software solutions.
• Experience in mobile services and mobile app technology.
• Software development experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• MBA desired.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.