House hunting? The market is traditionally slow this time of year, but that can also mean a chance to snap up a house with less competition.
Or maybe you just want to spend a cold weekend seeking design inspiration. AKA being nosy.
Here are 10 picks for interesting open houses this weekend: Saturday, Jan 20 and Sunday, Jan 21.
2200 Olde Chantilly Court – $367,500
- Neighborhood: Chantilly.
- When: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. Jeff Arzonico, Elevate Real Estate, has the listing, (336) 478-2700.
- Noticed for: Chantilly’s become a neighborhood of large renovations and $650,000+ price points. This house offers a smaller option and lower price point. Related Agenda story: Shopping hot Chantilly.
- Listing: “Charming bungalow home! This home features updated light fixtures, an open and airy kitchen and great room with vaulted ceilings! The master suite has its private bath and the additional bedrooms share the second full bath.“
1000 Wishing Well Lane – $239,000
- Neighborhood: Sardis Woods, South Charlotte. Betsy Mayer, Re/Max Executive, has the listing, (704) 540-7500
- When: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday, January 21
- Noticed for: Gorgeous Brazilian wood floors; cozy ranch in a popular neighborhood.
- Listing: “Immaculate 3 bedroom, 2 bath updated home in Sardis Woods. Quiet tree lined street, great in town location, close to Southpark, Arboretum and Cotswold shopping centers. Wonderful updates including gorgeous Brazilian hardwood floors with slate tile entrance. New bath cabinetry, sink, lights. Home is clean, fresh and ready to move-in.”
11428 Scarlet Tanager Drive – $524,000
- Neighborhood: Chapel Cove, Steele Creek.
- When: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. Frank Nelson, RE/MAX Executive Realty, has the listing, (704) 405-8800
- Noticed for: Roomy house on a great wooded lot.
- Listing: “Main level offers large master suite with oversized master bath; cooks kitchen boasting huge island; beautiful dining area overlooking private wooded lot; great room with gas log fireplace, nice office, powder room and laundry. Upstairs offers good size loft area, three additional bedrooms, two full baths, and an oversize walk-in attic storage closet.”
608 Pecan Avenue – $545,000
- Neighborhood: Elizabeth/Chantilly
- When: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. Anne Burkart, Keller Williams Realty, has the listing, (704) 602-0400.
- Noticed for: A 1930s bungalow in this popular location will likely go fast
- Listing: “New Year resolution to find your own classic Elizabeth bungalow? Done! This warm & cozy home has the charm of many original floors, doors, & trim plus the convenience of renovated kitchen & baths! Wonderful floor plan with a rocking chair front porch, fireplace, & spacious bedrooms. Kitchen features built-in Thermador fridge. A fenced backyard has a firepit & playset.”
1615 Matheson Avenue – $315,000
- Neighborhood: Plaza-Midwood
- When: 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. For sale by owner.
- Noticed for: Tiny (975 sq. ft.) but adorable cottage-like house in great location.
- Listing: “This custom craftsman home with detached garage welcomes you with an open floor plan spanning from the fireplace living room to the custom white kitchen. Kitchen includes brand new, high-end Kitchen Aid stainless appliances, marble counter tops, and brushed bronze hardware. Amazing walk in marble bath with rain head shower and luxurious finishes.”
1047 Sedgefield Road – $729,900
- Neighborhood: Sedgefield
- When: 1-3 p.m. on Sunday, January 21. Robin Sams, Carolina Realty Solutions, has the listing, (704) 343-0931
- Noticed for: Historic details from 1940s. Housing stock and pricing in Sedgefield, Dilworth’s cousin, is increasingly competitive.
- Listing: “Beautiful craftsman in highly sought after Sedgefield! High end finishes add a sense of style. Finished & ready to move in, large child-friendly fenced yard with landscaping complete. Master downstairs with en suite bathroom, and a private office upstairs. 2 fireplaces! A peaceful oasis in a thriving and growing hot spot. Located on the established neighborhood side (north) of Marsh Rd.”
531 E. Worthington Avenue – $1,150,000
- Neighborhood: Dilworth
- When: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. John Siddons & Mike Laine, Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices, has the listing, (704) 364-1580
- Noticed for: Turn-of-the-century (1905) Dilworth showpiece on a corner lot.
- Listing: “Gorgeous updated historic Dilworth home. Classic wrap around front porch, ideal for relaxing and entertaining. 3 original fireplaces updated to gas, chef kitchen with stainless steel and granite, large master w/walk-in closet, surround sound, and main level bed/office. Rare attached 2 car garage leads to mudroom with full bed/bath/living area over garage perfect for mother-in-law suite.”
8500 Flowe Farm Road, Concord – $559,000
- Neighborhood: Concord
- When: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, January 20 and 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, January 21. Debbie Clontz, Keller Williams, has the listing, (704) 684-1000
- Noticed for: Classic farmhouse plus six acres of land.
- Listing: “Southern comfort prevails in this beautiful custom home on 6 acres, gorgeous landscaping and grounds. Master on the main, large Chief’s kitchen, stainless package, granite, tile backsplash, hardwood flooring, fireplace with gas logs in family room, 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bath, plantation shutters, bonus/exercise room, sunroom, patio, in-ground irrigation system. Additional Huge 30 x 50 Garage.”
911 Naples Drive, Davidson – $739,900
- Neighborhood: Davidson
- When: 12 noon-4 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. Natalie Hjerth, Homes with Nat/Keller Williams Realty, has the listing, (704) 799-3700
- Noticed for: New construction near downtown Davidson — with an elevator. Related Agenda story: 5 properties for sale within walking distance of Davidson’s charming downtown
- Listing: “Imagine a lifestyle where you can leave your front door and have access to kayaking on Lake Davidson or meander the walking trails along its quiet shores! Only minutes from Main Street enjoy fine dining and shopping the quaint boutiques without ever getting into your car! Lg master closet w/built ins, an elevator.”
522 Magnolia Avenue – $1,450,000
- Neighborhood: Dilworth
- When: 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, January 20. Callie Kelly, with Cottingham Chalk Hayes, has the listing, 704-364-4400 x1469.
- Noticed for: All its classic Craftsman touches and good sized lot (.37 acres) in the heart of Dilworth.
- Listing: “Gorgeous hardwoods, heavy moldings and tall ceilings. Two and half stories with bedroom/bonus, full bath and expansive walk in attic storage on third level. Guest suite with kitchenette above detached garage. Kitchen freshly updated with new counters, new cooktop, new backsplash and new sink. Butler’s pantry and custom walk-in pantry off kitchen. Rear and front covered porches. Master suite with his and her closets and spa bath. Large laundry room on second level with folding counter and cabinetry. Walkable to restaurants, shops and entertainment.”
This grand Myers Park mansion, featured in last week’s Top 10 open house picks, has an encore open house at 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, January 20 — and a $75,000 price drop, to $1,875,000.
Real estate tips? If you know of any unusual, interesting or perfect properties for sale or rent, let me know, firstname.lastname@example.org.