The Assistant Controller will be responsible for accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, accounts payable, accounts receivable, oversee daily and monthly cash receipts, bank reconciliations and month end close.
• Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
• Ensure accounts receivable are collected promptly.
• Ensure accuracy of all general ledger information.
• Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed.
• Ensure that debt payments are made on a timely basis.
• Maintain chart of accounts.
• Maintain orderly accounting filing system.
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
• Issue timely and complete financial statements.
• Monitor cash balances.
• Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Issue financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Inform management of any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may exist.
• Answer phones in a professional and friendly manner when applicable.
• Back up Controller and/or Assistant Property Manager and/or Property Accountant when applicable.
• Participates in company-provided training opportunities.
• Other duties as required.
Email resume to Andrea Glassberg at email@example.com.