Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry. Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
This position is responsible for the creation of web pages in support of our global web branding and eCommerce efforts. This position will work with internal and external partners to fully understand requirements, create documentation, establish timelines and develop solutions as needed.
• Accurately representing Positec’s line of products on the web and increasing Positec’s sales on the web.
• Utilize understanding of Magento’s 1 code structure and extension architecture to develop sound technical strategies.
• Review, develop and implement innovative features and functionality for tools and modules based on business requirements.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Participate in Peer Review process to ensure quality, security and stability of code base prior to deployment to live site.
• Implement visual concepts on the web that match the content and the image created by the marketing team and global subsidiaries.
• Responsible for staying current on the latest web trends, i.e. social media implementations, etc.
• Implement changes to Positec’s sites to support marketing initiatives including testing and advertising initiatives.
• Troubleshoot/test platform speed/performance and CDN implementation for strong optimization.
• Develop cross-browser/device responsive sites.
• Work alongside internal leadership to determine future strategy and implementation of new tools and eCommerce innovation.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
• A 4-year degree in either: Computer Science, Information Systems or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Participation in the complete project lifecycle of websites.
• Strong focus on ROI and results with websites and internet marketing initiatives.
• Understanding of true end-to-end custom development timelines and process cycles.
• Magento 1 certification or equivalent experience.
• Jira or similar/Agile platform experience.
• Experience with other Frameworks like Zend, Laravel, or Symphony.
• Frontend web design experience.
• BS or BA in Computer Science.
• Knowledge of SEO and Social Marketing development best practices.
• Experience working in continuous integration environments.
• Exposure to cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS or Azure.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to listen and articulate your design and advocate best practice solutions. Both within the company and with outside interactive vendors.
• Be proactive and organized, act effectively under deadlines and manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Ability to take direction to meet creative and business needs.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Problem analysis and problem-solving.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Adaptability to change.
• Good judgment.
• High energy and willingness to take initiative.
• Stress tolerance and patience.
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.